InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Pikeman85

Best Netbook for OSX

Hello, I'm looking for a netbook in the $200-300 range that is compatible with OSX.

I nearly bought a Toshiba NB505 tonight but could not find whether or not it was compatible.

If someone could direct me, looking for about a 1.66 gig processor, and a 250 gb hd, with 1-2 gb of memory.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Advertisement

Acer 5930 6935.. Good ootb ..

no cam..

Dell Mini 9 or Mini 10v. Search around for the Dell 1011 (not the 1012, since the 1012 has a GMA3150 chip so no graphics acceleration). The Dell Mini10v runs OSX flawlessly with 100% hardware working. Just grab a retail copy of Snow Leopard and the Netbook Boot Maker from Meklort.

I have been using an Asus 1201N-PU17 which does nicely. Going to sell it actually because I now have a genuine 13" MBP, but I highly recommend this model for a snappy and reliable OS X install.

I managed to get my Acer Aspire One 150 working fully, like the camera works etc. But when it's on battery the 1.6GHz Atom N270 processor gets locked at 800mhz and can't get any support on this forum to fix this issue. I'm assuming other Atom processor based netbooks are like this too.

I love my Dell mini 10v (1011) with Chameleon dual boot osx 10.6.7 and Win 7, but I want more horsepower or touchscreen, so.... The hardware compatibility chart would be much more useful with processor/geekbench and max ram columns. And a sorting option on percentage of compatibility or by column.

Hi there! :

I´m gathering info about how to install Snow Leopard or Lion on my netbook . Mine is a Toshiba NB520, and I hope i could made it. i´m quite clumsy and it´s hard for me to understand some things about the procedures, but I´m trying my best,reading here and there and asking.

Hope to start soon and well. Regards !! :

J.

The best netbook is a dell mini 9 or Dell 1011

They both use intel gma x950. They are also sadly not avaliabke to buy new, but people sell them on ebay, for cheaper than your budget and an even bigger plus is some people hack them first. A Dell 1012 WONT WORK WITH IMOVIE OR RUN VIDEO WELL. INTEL GMA X3150(WHAT IT USES) IS NOT SUPPORTED.

Dell mini 10v is also great because EVERYTHING WORKS! It has a upgradable 1gb of ram and 160gb hard drive.