harrydeo

Mac OS X Lion (Developer Preview) Released

1,564 posts in this topic

LOL You didn't know? You don't read blog posts much?

Do not use the Apple store (et all) without having an Apple Mac developer account and running Lion on a real Mac, or you will be in for a surprise one day soon.

That error has nothing to do with apple "spying" on my system, rather a configuration error. I'm guessing more related to having en0 set as built-in via dsdt from the looks of it.

-Stell

Advertisement
That error has nothing to do with apple "spying" on my system, rather a configuration error. I'm guessing more related to having en0 set as built-in via dsdt from the looks of it.

-Stell

I don't care about that silly error. You missed the reference to blog posts. It's about using certain Apple services that should not be used with this developer preview. And for good reasons.

I found a way to run Lion's kextcache tool (patched) under Snow Leopard by:

sudo chroot /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System

and next executing the patched kextcache tool (attached below).

kextcache_sl -K /mach_kernel(_atom) -L -c /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache /System/Library/Extensions

Just thought I'd share :(

Put kextcache_sl under /usr/sbin.

It probably works native under SL too if you copy over some additional libraries and frameworks (present in Lion, absent in Snow Leopard).

Awesome, Andy!

Was hoping this would be possible in SL.

Off to try it out.

MAJ

try this out,

put the fakesmc.kext into System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Direcrories.../Extensions/

in the Partition, there you have recovered the baseimage.

if this not working, copy fakesmc.kext to S/L/E and be sure, to repair the permissions correctly.

give us a feedback pls...

Hi,

OK installer starts have installed NVenabler + Faksmc to mac osx base system !

But after language selection I get" Mac OS x can't be installed on this computer " ... there isn't any platformsupport.plist in s/l/coreservices...I checked booting up Lion DP1.

Maybe the modified installer from this thread isn't working properly ? Has anyone the file with the removed checks for me ?

DP1 is working OK.

I did install the online 2MB update for DP2 and installed itunes update.

post-55980-1301826108_thumb.png

trying to install DP2, but the process alwasy stopped at "17 minutes remaining"...

wonder what would be the problem..

i'm using XPC boot, btw

At me@home : Try to use the latest boot that Netkas released, it has a board-ID checking patch

and bypasses the checks - so Mac won't complain anymore. I tried it myself and can confirm,

using this new bootloader without having to mess up with OSInstall.mpkg, 10.7 installed flawlessly.

Hope this helps.

I see that you have a GTX285, would you please inform if you were able to make it work under Lion

and how ? Thanx.

So, to all of you guys too - use Netkas's boot, released yesterday, it has a board-ID-checking patch,

no need to modify OSInstall.mpkg anymore !

Neither will Lion murmur again "Cannot install on this computer" :wacko:

I see that you have a GTX285, would you please inform if you were able to make it work under Lion

and how ? Thanx.

GTX285 works fine with NVenabler

It's recocnized as Unknow NVidia graphics card, but works with qe/ci and full resolution

At me@home : Try to use the latest boot that Netkas released, it has a board-ID checking patch

and bypasses the checks - so Mac won't complain anymore. I tried it myself and can confirm,

using this new bootloader without having to mess up with OSInstall.mpkg, 10.7 installed flawlessly.

Hope this helps.

and how ? Thanx.

So, to all of you guys too - use Netkas's boot, released yesterday, it has a board-ID-checking patch,

no need to modify OSInstall.mpkg anymore !

Neither will Lion murmur again "Cannot install on this computer" :wacko:

There's no need for a "board-id spoof" if you select a proper model and put it in smbios.plist (as SMboardproduct) which is supported in any Chameleon version for as long as I can remember.

..select a proper model and put it in smbios.plist (as SMboardproduct) which is supported in any Chameleon version ...

well if I only had Chameleon...I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on USB stick. Is there a way to put in that Mac about info or should I install the old Chameleon 3 version and change the boot file with Netkas ?

well if I only had Chameleon...I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on USB stick. Is there a way to put in that Mac about info or should I install the old Chameleon 3 version and change the boot file with Netkas ?

Well, it should be working... I use a trunk version of Chameleon (rev.750), compile it and install it as usual,

only the last (third) step of installing the "boot" is dropped - I mean, then I use Netkas's boot and not the compiled

Chameleon's one :P

@ blade5502 : Thanx for the hint, but...it does NOT work for GTX285...

Well, guys, I do not know what your setups are - perhaps by a "one-disk-for-Lion" setup

it works, but not here. I'm using a GPT/Hybrid MBR drive, and the only place I have for Lion

was the 2nd partition in the MBR-part, where Winabooze 7 was, before I wiped it out, hehe.

I am booting Lion from the installation USB-stick

What I tried :

- using stock Lion-drivers, with only the EFI-string in /Lion/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist,

which normally works great in any version of Snow Leopard

- removing all Lion-included video drivers and putting in official Nvidia 10.6.7 drivers manually

a) with an EFI-string

:wacko: without an EFI-string

- restoring back all stock Lion video-drivers and installing NVEnabler 64.kext with Kext Wizard

- with either an Extra on the USB-stick and on Lion drive, no change

No success with any of these setups, with installing NVEnabler 64, it gets even worse,

I only get a deep-blue screen and nothing else.

So would you please guide a little, how this card could work at all in Lion ?!

Thank you.

Hi

I need some help with my MSI P67A-GD65.

I've installed snow leopard in my system using the legacy kernel by Nawcom and evething is working pretty well.

BUT I'm not able to boot my system with the new vanilla kernel from new macbook pro update. All I'm getting is constant reboot loop.

So, I decided to try LION DP2 which support sandy bridge. I've fallowed the instructions and I've done half of the installation, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 15a is working for me, but impossible to boot to finish the second half of installation. I'm getting the same reboot loop. The last line is "Loading drivers"

Thanks

@ blade5502 : Thanx for the hint, but...it does NOT work for GTX285...

it does work! I have GTX 285 1024MB Ram. Just install nvenebler64.kext to s/l/e with kext utility to be sure.

No strings and no other kext installed!

Ok I booted ONCE my Lion DP1 with Chameleon v2 rc5 lion and I got 8GB Ram now I always get kernel panic and no more start. Have to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] USB stick again.

Tried to delete + reinstall but no more booting up with -usecache (or without it)

Maybe u can upload your chameleon.pkg ?

post-55980-1301839558_thumb.png

it does work! I have GTX 285 1024MB Ram. Just install nvenebler64.kext to s/l/e with kext utility to be sure.

No strings and no other kext installed!

Ok I booted ONCE with Chameleon v2 rc5 lion and I got 8GB Ram now I always get kernel panic and no more start.

Tried to delete + reinstall but no more booting up with -usecache (or without it)

post-55980-1301839558_thumb.png

Maybe u can upload your chameleon.pkg ?

what you had is the ugly DoubleFault-Error..

this happens sometime, mostly often, but you should only retry to boot.. try out for 10x or 20 times..

here on my system it works, if i hit the return/enter Button on Keyboard several Times, before and on loading chameleon, until the test appears on screen... try out different times to press the key.. your system is ok, you should try... this is in the early state of chameleon booting.. 8(

what you had is the ugly DoubleFault-Error..

.. try out for 10x or 20 times..

Yep, thank you, you were right 8 times did it.

Why is DP2 installer showing me still the cold shoulder ?

post-55980-1301843266_thumb.png

What are you using to get NVidia cards working?

In Lion dp2, NVEnabler isn't working for my gtx260, it shows white diagonal bars.

(It worked fine under dp1)

I am stalled at "PCI configuration begin" trying to install DP2 using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. I had no problem installing DP1 on Gateway GT5408 with core2duo E4300. Any help?

What are you using to get NVidia cards working?

In Lion dp2, NVEnabler isn't working for my gtx260, it shows white diagonal bars.

(It worked fine under dp1)

I have the same graphics card and I'm using Natit

Could you upload it here, please?

NVEnabler = Natit = White diagonal bars/corrupted image.

NVinject = Black screen

Could you upload it here, please?

NVEnabler = Natit = White diagonal bars/corrupted image.

NVinject = Black screen

This is the one I'm using:

Natit.kext.zip

Thanks a lot.

Just edited my dsdt to inject the graphic card properties and I get the same result O_O

So, can you install Lion and boot without needing a USB thumb?

Can I keep booting from Chameleon?

Any giude around?

I don't care about that silly error. You missed the reference to blog posts. It's about using certain Apple services that should not be used with this developer preview. And for good reasons.

I didn't miss the bit about the blog posts, I just found it irrelevant to my tech question.

Also to others with this issue, cparm made a post on netkas site to follow a couple links:

cparm

April 2nd, 2011 | 4:19 pm

hi, for those who have some problems to login into their mac app store account with the DP2,

please follow this topic on projectosx (since krazubu have deleted his tutorial from insanelymac, petit coquinou va !!! ) => http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60,

in addition, you may also need to follow this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=999206

Stell

well i havnt even tried to install i was just waiting to see if it would be worth it, or if i should wait, but now with a slightly newer dev release out i think ima give it a shot if i can squeeze enough space out of my bursting hd :) and i have the Intel ICH8-M controller so im pretty sure its supported,,,

Considering mine is the even older ICH7, it should be.

Considering mine is the even older ICH7, it should be.

right on... anyone know how the x3100 performs? its my last fear...

I didn't miss the bit about the blog posts, I just found it irrelevant to my tech question.

Also to others with this issue, cparm made a post on netkas site to follow a couple links:

Stell

Go use it. I guess you father also works for Apple. Oh well. some people...