i'm getting a HFS+ patition error when i boot

4 posts in this topic

this si weird cos it was working fine yesterday i was using the darwin boot loader and happily switching between win xp and osx, and today i boot it up and it still dosent work. i did a clean format of the drive and i installed osx again but same message pops up. any help pls.

Try booting with your OSx86 dvd in the drive but let the 8 second timout countdown run out. (EDIT: if it boots correctly with the disk in, open the terminal and rewrite the darwin bootloader to your MBR "fdisk -u /dev/rdisk0")

If your OS X partition doesn't boot, specify the root device ex: "rd=disk0s2"

If you are not sure what darwin refers to your OSx86 partion as; boot from the dvd, open disk utility, right click on your OS X partion and choose 'Information'. Here next to "Disk Identifier" is what your root device should be.

If booting when specifying the root device works, specify the root device in the com.apple.Boot.plist so you don't have to specify it every time you boot:

open your terminal and

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

And add

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>rd=disk0s2</string>

Use your root device ofcourse.

Just make sure that your partition ID is af. I had this problem many times and all I had to do was use spfdisk to change my partition id to af, and viola.... OS X booted!!!

I hope this info helps :thumbsdown_anim: