Assistance with my e4300? What are DSDTs?

loop

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

So here's the situation -

I have a Latitude e4300 that's MOSTLY working.

My best results thus far have been with iatkos, though retail's worked fine to a point.

What I'm having trouble with -

Wireless networking (will be resolved w/ new card, the intel I have isn't compatible at all)

Wired networking (works, but NOT automatically. have to go into the settings page and switch it from DHCP to manual and back in order to get it to recognize the connection)

Sleep - it doesn't.

Trackpad - touch it and the cursor acts like I had just clicked on the entire screen a thousand times. It's neat to see, but completely useless.

I've read that "dsdt" could solve everything in the world, but I've been looking for a tutorial on what it even IS and HOW to get started with it (let alone if it's even compatible with my laptop)... and pointers on that would be ludicrously helpful.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Okay an update -

I figured out how to extract and compile a DSDT from a combination of many guides. :censored2: Used it on a clean install, and now SOME things work better - faster boot, for example. still no sleep, and the trackpad is still fubarred.

I'm nearing the end of my rope on this one - if I can't get those 2 working, I'm gonna have to drop win7 or ubuntu back on here. :/