23 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install DarWINE on my MacBook Pro, but I don't have access to my Install DVDs (from which I need the X11User.pkg to install X11) because I'm not at home. Could someone please upload the X11User.pkg package from their install CD (located in /System/Installation/Packages/X11User.pkg) for me? Thanks!

Advertisement

Could someone send me the X11User.pkg package from their install CD (located in /System/Installation/Packages/X11User.pkg) for me? Thanks!

Could someone send me the X11User.pkg package from their install CD (located in /System/Installation/Packages/X11User.pkg) for me? Thanks!

I am in need of X11User.pkg, I´ve lost my installation CD and the only version that you can download is for version 10.3....

So is there anyone who wants to upload it for me? :-)

I am also looking for the X11User.pkg file to be able to install Openoffice - could someone please upload it for me ? Thanks!

While in OSX, insert your OSX installer DVD and let it mount on the Desktop.

Follow the following path to find the X11User.pkg. Just double-click on it to install it.

/System/Installation/Packages/X11User.pkg

Drag the DVD image to the Trash to unmount it.

I am trying to help a friend install Openoffice and he didn't bring the installer DVD with him, so I was just hoping that I could find it so he would't have to come back here again! But I will tell him what to do - hopefully he can figure it out :blink:

While in OSX, insert your OSX installer DVD and let it mount on the Desktop.

Follow the following path to find the X11User.pkg. Just double-click on it to install it.

/System/Installation/Packages/X11User.pkg

Drag the DVD image to the Trash to unmount it.

Uuummmm, yep, my story's the same. Can't find the install disks for tiger... It would be really really great if someone could send me the X11User.pkg, too. Thanks so much!

I tried installing that file , X11User.pkg on two machines. Each one quit with an error almost immediately after the installer program came up. It gave me a warning about a second program running to determine if the package could be installed, and then my only option was to click a quit button.

how do I install this file without having the dvd?

Sorry to sound like the biggest idiot (I even used the search...) but what is "The Demon"? I can tell it's Bittorrent, but where the heck can I find it?

X11 Update 2006 1.1.3

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/x11update2006113.html

About this update

This update addresses several issues in the X11 for Mac OS X package, enabling it to better handle:

- GLX stereo visuals

- offscreen rendering to GLX Pbuffers and Pixmaps

To tell X11 to take advantage of stereo visuals, enter:

$ defaults write com.apple.x11 enable_stereo -bool true

This update also addresses font issues present in X11 1.1.2, and is recommended for all users.

I think this will do the trick. Anyone know if there is a more recent update than this?