*WORKING* AppleHDA - ACER TUBA BASS SUBWOOFER

Cheops

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have posted here a fully working AppleHDA for ALC268 on Acer 7720g, I am pretty sure it can be adapted for other acer laptops to get the bass working properly, give me a should if anyone has any problems

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1640431

Cheops

Thanks, but with your patched AppleHDA.kext I have not audio in speakers after sleep, only low volume in headphones and it is 32 bits only (leopard?).

Tested in ALC268 on Acer 4320 running Snow Leopard 10.6.6, btw VoodooHDA.kext works very well in my laptop with some minor cosmetic issues.

So you managed to get the bass working on voodoohda?

Thanks, but with your patched AppleHDA.kext I have not audio in speakers after sleep, only low volume in headphones and it is 32 bits only (leopard?).

Tested in ALC268 on Acer 4320 running Snow Leopard 10.6.6, btw VoodooHDA.kext works very well in my laptop with some minor cosmetic issues.

• 1 month later...
So you managed to get the bass working on voodoohda?

cheops: did you install a leopard kext in snowleopard ? we should find a legacy kext properly adapted for alc268 in 7720g (the current ones i found don't work well) and we should use at least applehda 10.6.2 for snow, or we should patch the newest applehda.

qunieslacom: what is the voodoohda that works nice for our 7720g alc268 codec and which minor cosmetic mods did you make?

Thanks!

Mal

manmal, go here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=242949, the minor cosmetic issues are in Audio Preferences and nothing info displayed in System Profile.

hi quinielascom,

unfortunately such voodoohda enables speakers but not its internal microphone in 7720G. The AppleHDA.kext in this thread enables everything, but it is for not for snow leopard and after resume from sleep, audio is muted. Perhaps a dsdt trick may fix it.

Mal