2006 Core Duo MacBook Audio Distortion/Corruption

PZR

1 post in this topic

Hi there.

This issue only just started last night, and since then I've tried using Onyx to repair permissions, clear all the system cache, reset the PRAM/NVRAM and SMC, switching to Soundflower in Sound preferences and back to Internal Audio (That sometimes cures audio glitches for me)

But none of this has fixed it, and it's consistent from the left to right speaker, and the 'subwoofer', which makes me think it's not a hardware failure, at least not the speakers anyway.

It's also not just distortion, it seems to have trouble accurately reproducing sound, as when listening to some songs to investigate the issue, it's throwing out sounds that I've never heard on these tracks.

What makes it stranger still is that it's only on the internal speakers, I could understand if anything on the 3.5mm jack was affected as well and put it down to a chipset failure or something, but it's absolutely fine outputting to the 3.5mm jack, unless there are independent controllers for the internal speakers and the 3.5mm jack?

Any input on what to try to fix it would be appreciated, as I've done all I can think of, seeing as it doesn't appear to be a failure of the speakers themselves.

Thanks a lot :(