Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Guide: Leopard Install

3 posts in this topic

Just to try and make it easier for people to find, I figured I'd type up the method that worked for me(and seems most logical)

Step 1. Acquire a copy of the Leopard Preview DMG(your on your own)

Step 2. Use Boot Camp to non-destructively partiton your startup disc

Step 3. Mount the image

Step 4. Open Disk Utility

Step 5. Erase/Format the Partition created by Boot Camp as a Mac OSX Filesystem(Journaled)

Step 6. Click and select the image of Leopard from the list at the left.

Step 7. Goto Convert and Convert to a "DVD/CD Master", This will add .cdr to the end of the filename

Step 8. Drag the newly created .cdr to the left side of Disc Utility, Insert a fresh DL-DVD, then select the image and click the yellow burn button, or goto "Images>Burn" in the top bar.

Step 9. After burning you can either Click on the "Install Mac OSX" icon on the new DVD and restart, or you can restart and start off of the DVD by holding down the C key on the keyboard, or by holding the option key to select the startup disc.

I hope this helps some people out, feel free to point out/add anything(s) I may have missed here.

does this work on a none intel machine too?

Nope, sorry, it uses the GUID (or what's it called) table that's only available to Intel Macs.