I need your help

bmttinman

4 posts in this topic

I am having to retrain myself for as a Master Plumber and Sheet Metal worker I have trouble finding work at 58. I have applied to go back to community collage and I am have problems as to how to go about it. Do I go for a certificate which will take about a year in computers or do I go for the associates degree that takes two years and puts me at 60.

Please give me some feed back for I am lost.

:(

I am having to retrain myself for as a Master Plumber and Sheet Metal worker I have trouble finding work at 58. I have applied to go back to community collage and I am have problems as to how to go about it. Do I go for a certificate which will take about a year in computers or do I go for the associates degree that takes two years and puts me at 60.

Please give me some feed back for I am lost.

;)

what country do you live?

There is a shortage of engineers for computers at the moment so the time has never been better to get into computer related jobs. During the dot com era there was a massive influx or foreigners coming over to work for cheap but now there isn't as many foreigners coming over and the demand is going back up.

What area of computers are you good at this moment? Programming/Hardware/Support? There are many fields of study for computers so you need to pick one and focus on it. I'd assume that because of your age you would have more experience in management/sales than some of the younger folks so that's definitely a plus when it comes to hiring.

You might want to check out craigslist/careerbuilder for some of the positions available locally and try to work towards those areas. You might want to see if you can use some of your contacts to see if they're hiring or know people hiring and start training in those fields as well.