Snow Leopard on Presario C500

RobBrown

5 posts in this topic

Is there any way of getting 10.6 on a Compaq Presario C500, and will it run well, which method will work and what do I need.

I have seen somebody with a C500 in their sig running 10.6 but it wasnt specific as to what build, or wether it was a boot 123.

any help, I'm a noob, 10.5 distros and boot 123 methods have failed

• 1 month later...
Is there any way of getting 10.6 on a Compaq Presario C500, and will it run well, which method will work and what do I need.

I have seen somebody with a C500 in their sig running 10.6 but it wasnt specific as to what build, or wether it was a boot 123.

any help, I'm a noob, 10.5 distros and boot 123 methods have failed

I used Mac Snow Leopard for PC's iATKOS_S3_v2 2 on the same compaq as yours. My "MacPaq" :} after some patches with the track pad and the notorious boardcam wireless card everything works just like my Macbook, except for the battery life. DOwnload the iso, let me know if you need some of the kexts.

Hey again, cheers. I got the iso for Iatkos S3, would you be able to go into more detail about what you chose in the customisation options when installing, I have the kexts to fix the broadcom wireless and the trackpad but can't get the darned thing to boot, it just kernel panics.

any help would be appreciated

• 1 month later...

hey guys i have the same laptop and i am trying to install 10.6 onto it i was wondering if you ever did get this to boot?

if so what hardware options did you use? and could you please provide me with the name or link to the kexts for the wireless and trackpad thanks guyss :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...