Installer Packages *.mpkg & *.pkg

ub4u

1 post in this topic

Sorry if its not the right place to ask for help but as a newbie to the forum I am forced to post here.

I am trying to follow one of the guides http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=233396 to install OSX 10.6.3 on my Dell Gx620, currently I am running Mac Tiger 10.4.8, the problem I have when I click on OSInstall.mpkg it says "Open Fail" could not open file OSInstall.mpkg,

I have also tried to follow few other posts about installing the same using usb Chameleon 2 installer RC5 but the pakage file will not open rather it will appear that it tries to open the installer as it shows up on the desk bar at the bottom but disappears after 2 secs, I have tired to run the files through terminal with root access but it says permission denied

In one of the other forums/blogs and in some posts in here, some one said its something to do with XAR/XOM comperssion being used by apple in the new installers. To install Xar/Xom I have to install so many thing like Xcode, macports, Xar & Xom then flat package editor but so far I have not being able to run any of the these installer

Some installers do run but not the one I want to use to install Mac SL on my PC

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated