Unknown reason for "you need to restar your computer"

spearson88

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, great forums and the community!

I'm new here, but I'd love to be able to contribute someday once I am able to figure all of this out haha.

First of all, this is the installer that i used was called: "Mac OS X 10.6.2 Patched for PC UNIVERSAL"

Everything installed correctly with no errors (i have to use the boot flag -x32). Then I installed kexts to get the intel wifi to work on a open network with kext beast.

After that I used the DSDT auto patcher, from the forums, using 'generic computer'.

Anyways, the computer will run for hours, but then all of a sudden it will give me this error:

http://km.support.apple.com/library/APPLE/...92/106227_3.jpg

I'v looked around on the forums, and I dont intend for this to be a repost but all of the other posts I found mentioned this happening at startup. Some of them said to delete "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext". Is this all I have to do? I'm just asking to confirm if this is what I should do because I'd like to know for sure if I should delete this kext because it sounds kind of necessary haha.

I am using a toshiba satellite laptop, and have attached screen pics of cpu-id

post-726745-1297165346_thumb.jpg

post-726745-1297165361_thumb.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys

Hey guys, great forums and the community!

I'm new here, but I'd love to be able to contribute someday once I am able to figure all of this out haha.

First of all, this is the installer that i used was called: "Mac OS X 10.6.2 Patched for PC UNIVERSAL"

Everything installed correctly with no errors (i have to use the boot flag -x32). Then I installed kexts to get the intel wifi to work on a open network with kext beast.

After that I used the DSDT auto patcher, from the forums, using 'generic computer'.

Anyways, the computer will run for hours, but then all of a sudden it will give me this error:

http://km.support.apple.com/library/APPLE/...92/106227_3.jpg

I'v looked around on the forums, and I dont intend for this to be a repost but all of the other posts I found mentioned this happening at startup. Some of them said to delete "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext". Is this all I have to do? I'm just asking to confirm if this is what I should do because I'd like to know for sure if I should delete this kext because it sounds kind of necessary haha.

I am using a toshiba satellite laptop, and have attached screen pics of cpu-id

post-726745-1297165346_thumb.jpg

post-726745-1297165361_thumb.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys

That's apple's standard error message.

Boot into verbose mode, force kexts and ignore kext cache.

Do this by putting in the place you type in -x32 for 32 bit mode:

-v -F -f

the -v command enables verbose mode, which allows you to see what is going on with your computer instead of having the boot up screen

-x is safe mode. this disables non-vital components of start up. only booting into this mode should be a good indicator that a modified/backrolled/etc kext has gone awry. This will let you boot into the GUI.

-F is the ignore cache command. It, well, ignores cache.

-f is a force boot of the kexts. what you have is forced to be booted.

I forgot to mention, the reason for booting into verbose mode is that instead of getting a general error message, you will actually see what your computer is hanging up on. Then you can report it here and all will be well :P

That's apple's standard error message.

Boot into verbose mode, force kexts and ignore kext cache.

Booting in verbose at startup will probable not help in this case as the error happens after a couple of hours.

Check the system logs via Applications/Utilities/Console

Have you got sppedstep enabled in bios?