Mac OS 10.6.6 websites issue in VMware

ctrl-alt-mat

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I followed this article to setup Mac OS 10.6.6. in VMware: http://www.online-tech-tips.com/mac-os-x/i...-leopard-on-pc/

Everything went just fine with the installation except that I'm having a "major" bug with some (most) websites and I was wondering if someone could help me out with it?!

I followed the guide using my retail copy of Mac OS and everything went (almost) just fine and I'm now running the latest 10.6.6 version of Mac OS with all available updates installed.

Here's the problem:

Many websites won't load properly in Safari (and same with the Chrome browser). For example, Gmail and Hotmail websites will partially open but whenever it tries to load some sort of dynamic code (ex: Gmail built-in chat), Safari will be not responding and the only option I have is to "Force kill" Safari. I've noticed it has to do with the "interactive" code (Java, Adobe or Ajax... I can't tell?!) used in those webpages because if I load the "Basic HTML version" of Gmail everything works just fine, without all the "dynamic/advanced" features though ;)

I tried running Safari in 32-bit mode and then with the Rosetta mode but the problem resides, Safari will eventually be "not responding", no matter what ;)

What do you think could be the problem?

I don't know if it has to do with either Java or Flash or else, how can I tell? What can I do to troubleshoot this major problem?

Here's my machine specs: Intel Core i5-660 with 4GB RAM and Asus P7H55-M Pro mobo running Win7 Home Premiun 64bit.

Thank you all for your time and support,

ctrl-alt-mat

• 2 weeks later...
Resolved by uninstalling latest Flash and installing version 10r45... thanks!

I have the same "Not Responding" problem when I updated the mac software,I am using iAtkos S3 on my Aspire 2930Z Laptop.

It dose it on this site and on you tube too..

How do you uninstall flash and other stuff on the mac its not like the pc is it..??