asus p5n e sli

gwmarthe

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!! I am trying a new install and running into some issues and wanted to see if anyone could help!

I was able to install retail 10.6.3 on my p5n e sli and now am having some issues, when I boot up and let OS load I get and X on the my hack page, when I i hit -v I get "still waiting for root device" I think I am getting this because I can't change my BIOS to AHCI mode, from what i understand this board does not support AHCI.

I then tried to install using iAtkos s3 and when I get to the install it hangs up, I must not be making the right choices in the customization box, intel ide/sata, nvidia ide/sata, jmicro ide/sata, and etc..

Does anyone know the fix for this or do you have a recommended distro or guide... all the guides i have seen require a previous install of leopard which i dont have... any help would be greatly appreciated!! :D

Hey guys maybe this will help, I have attached pictures of the BIOS screen and of the driver page in my iAtkos v3, please help!!!

Hey everyone!! I am trying a new install and running into some issues and wanted to see if anyone could help!

I was able to install retail 10.6.3 on my p5n e sli and now am having some issues, when I boot up and let OS load I get and X on the my hack page, when I i hit -v I get "still waiting for root device" I think I am getting this because I can't change my BIOS to AHCI mode, from what i understand this board does not support AHCI.

I then tried to install using iAtkos s3 and when I get to the install it hangs up, I must not be making the right choices in the customization box, intel ide/sata, nvidia ide/sata, jmicro ide/sata, and etc..

Does anyone know the fix for this or do you have a recommended distro or guide... all the guides i have seen require a previous install of leopard which i dont have... any help would be greatly appreciated!! :thumbsup_anim:

post-713895-1296937259_thumb.jpg

post-713895-1296937288_thumb.jpg

post-713895-1296937300_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Hey guys maybe this will help, I have attached pictures of the BIOS screen and of the driver page in my iAtkos v3, please help!!!

you may try this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88335

first section on this forum, it will let you load osx with ide on some boards *i'm with p5k-se with no ahci support

try APPLEVIAATA.KEXT on extra folder of chameleon maybe it will let you get to osx to install patched IOATAFAMILY