Snow Leopard ON Q8300 + 9800 GT

herpaderpa

1 post in this topic

Hey

I want to install Snow Leopard on my desktop, specs are below. I'm not sure what installation discs I should use etc.. I haven't exactly followed the OSx86 scene in quite sometime now.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 @ 2.5 GHz

Graphics: nVidia 9800 GT

Motherboard: XFX nForce 630i with GeForce 7100 Chipset

Memory: OCZ Single Channel 4096 Bytes of DDR2

I did install 10.5.something a few years ago, and had massive problems with startup and shutdown etc. It took over 2 weeks I believe of continuous support from this forum and some dude (forgot his name) to help me out.

I also do want QE/CI working (I'm sure that won't be a problem with the 9800 GT); I would also love to have all 4 cores working without overheating issues in the actual PC itself (I remember you had to delete some kexts to get that to work). Would love to have hibernate/standby to work, and shutdown/restart (compulsory). I often connect over 5 USB's to my computer at once, so USB drivers must work.

If this sounds too much let me know... I am currently using Windows 7, and recently have been running into problems such as icon cache loading, useless windows popping up every now and then... not to mention the fact it takes over 2 minutes for Windows to complete boot (I dont understand what it has to find first). I own a 15" Macbook Pro Core i7, so if I need to use anything from that (be it not harming drivers/kext/cpu/the body itself in anyway).

Would EXTREMELY appreciate help for anyone here!