A Wonder: The ICH6 Realtek Audio HDA works now

10 posts in this topic

I have a Sony Vaio FS-115 and OSX works great, faster than Windows XP.

After installation i had no sound. I searched in this Forum and i found now solution to solve this Problem.

But, i don't know why, i restartet OSX and now the sound works great.

i changed nothing in the system, i only installed adium (messenger).

fantastic!

Intel 915PM Chip

Realtek High Definition Audio

82801FB ICH6 HDAC

Magic works wonders.

Maybe, but today the sound dosen't work. I don't know why the sound works yesterday, and i have no idea why it works today not.

But, the soundcard must be work under OSX, because why it works yesterday.

Mystery!

Guest BuildSmart

Why people are trying to modify the AC97 driver to get their audio working to some degree but not 100% fully functional is beyond me.

The Source for AppleAC97Audio is available and by adding your hardware info you can have fully functioning audio (including input) because you can define everythinhg to match your hardware.

I'm finding that those who are attempting to modify an existing driver seem to be satisfied with the audio out on the line-in channel or only the left working but I'd rather take the time and build the driver to meet a spcific hardware criteria than settle for something barely acceptable.

Why people are trying to modify the AC97 driver to get their audio working to some degree but not 100% fully functional is beyond me.

The Source for AppleAC97Audio is available and by adding your hardware info you can have fully functioning audio (including input) because you can define everythinhg to match your hardware.

I'm finding that those who are attempting to modify an existing driver seem to be satisfied with the audio out on the line-in channel or only the left working but I'd rather take the time and build the driver to meet a spcific hardware criteria than settle for something barely acceptable.

Different strokes for different folks. Some only need/want sound output and have no need for input. Some do not run any other OS on their machine besides OS X, so then the port it's coming out of isn't important. For those modifying the existing driver is in fact acceptable. For the rest, yes building a new driver is a decent proposal, but is also a lot of work.. and unless there is great need... the work isn't justified.

It´s quite simple:

1. First run XP than shutdown XP

2. Run OSX :sound is on !!

3. Run OSX again: sound is off!!

You must run XP before OSX will have sound!

Heh. Now that's the worst solution I've ever heard.. It prolly works, but damn. Any solutions involving having Windows installed as a requirement is a bit bunk.

But as I said before... whatever works for people and they feel comfortable doing is fine :poster_oops: