Wifi not working out of safe mode possible fix

mitblan

1 post in this topic

I had a problem with SL 10.6.5 and up where my BCM4306 would not work out of Safe Mode. I got to playing around and found that in my particular situation the problem was cause by Nawcom's 10.5 and higher legacy kernel. I reverted back to the 10.4 kernel and it fixed my wife working problem.

Hopefully this will help someone else. I am running on a Dell Inspirion 570 with the AMD Athalon II x4 630 with an XFX Radeon 5750 I am currently running SL 10.6.6 though I am having a little trouble with most of my software not starting but I'll get that figured out soon I hope. ;)

Mods-

If their is a better place for this information please move it to where it needs to be. This is only my second post so I couldn't reply to a topic where I knew this problem was being discussed but I really wanted to post it since I've gotten so much help from these forums and I wanted to try and give something back.