Wireless solution needed.

joecop

5 posts in this topic

Hello. I just installed 10.5.6 on my Gateway MT3707. It has a Realtek 8185 wireless built in. I know from searching and reading that there is no solution to this so I was wondering what the least expensive easiest route for me to get wireless up and running would be. I am a total noob with hackintosh and macs in general.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello. I just installed 10.5.6 on my Gateway MT3707. It has a Realtek 8185 wireless built in. I know from searching and reading that there is no solution to this so I was wondering what the least expensive easiest route for me to get wireless up and running would be. I am a total noob with hackintosh and macs in general.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Get a USB wireless adapter - that's the simplest route. I got a Belkin N150 adapter from Wal-Mart for $20, and it works great. Good luck!

Many of the Edimax usb wireless adapters work with osx and hackintoshes without any special hacks just the drivers from their website

Here is a list of a few from the osx86 wiki listed as working in 10.6.5

Edimax EW-7318USg

Edimax EW-7718USn

This one works with 10.6.3 and maybe 10.6.6

EDIMAX EW-7811Un (personally tested this one works fine)

The included software for mac is a little buggy but after the initial set up they tend to work well just require a few steps to get connected after a reboot. All can be found at newegg . com.

Best,

Colin

Usually, whenever you have usb working on your hackintosh and the usb wireless adapter has OS X compatibility, it will also work on your hackintosh. I've bought a sitecom 300N wireless adapter for this purpose and it even had OS X software included in the package.

Hope this helps.