AC97 Audio Help

16 posts in this topic

Alright! I've been at this problem for hours now. I can't get my AC97 built in audio to work. I've tried everything! I read almost every thread that has to do with AC97 and still no luck. I was hopeing if I gave enough information about my hardware someone could help me. So here it is:

Motherboard: Asus K8V SE Delux

Built-in sound: In Bios it says - AC'97 but in my motherboard book it says - ADI AD1980 SoundMax 6-Channel audio Codec support for S/PDIF out interface

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3400+

Mac OS Version: JaS OS X 10.4.6 DVD with the PFF patch.

I'm really hopeing I can get it to work since my Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro doesn't even have a chance of working.

same set up (almost) as you try this

drag and drop this to your /system/library/extensions folder

authenticate with passord and select replace

then in terminal type sudo -s

{enter your password}

then type

chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

reboot

ps there are other quicker and easier ways of doing this but it takes longer to explain (like drag and drop)

Hope this helps

AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip

same set up (almost) as you try this

drag and drop this to your /system/library/extensions folder

authenticate with passord and select replace

then in terminal type sudo -s

{enter your password}

then type

chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

reboot

ps there are other quicker and easier ways of doing this but it takes longer to explain (like drag and drop)

Hope this helps

Nope still didn't work. I did exactly what your instructions said.

Nope still didn't work. I did exactly what your instructions said.

Hi! Did you remember to extract the zip archive before you copied the kext? :D I only ask because I didn't at first, but when I remembered then it worked for me! ;)

--bornagainpenguin

PS: Thanks, numberonekiwi for the fix! It worked a treat on my Inspiron 5100, now off to figure out the battery....

And um I have to cop paste them stap by step or all in a time?

Well I dunno Os x, and today In a Apple Center a personal said You can't use Mac OS X on PC, You can use Windows on Mac but not Mac on PC. Well I told him I downloaded and it worked and his answer is like this I really not kidding: Huh, Yeah maybe you did but it would workce for once for twice then it's stops and the people dumb you look empty.

Well I dunno Os x, and today In a Apple Center a personal said You can't use Mac OS X on PC, You can use Windows on Mac but not Mac on PC. Well I told him I downloaded and it worked and his answer is like this I really not kidding: Huh, Yeah maybe you did but it would workce for once for twice then it's stops and the people dumb you look empty.

Guest BuildSmart

Stop trying to modify the driver to match your hardware and grab the source and add your hardware details (registers and ID) so that it works properly.

Stop trying to modify the driver to match your hardware and grab the source and add your hardware details (registers and ID) so that it works properly.

But how?

I found in Windows this Informations about my Realtek HDA Device:

82801FB ICH6

Device ID: 81BBh

Sometimes it works, sometimes it dosen't work.

Yes how do you do it?

I followed the instruction of numberonekiwi, it works after a reboot, but after a another reboot it dosen't work again.

then i reinstalled with "pacifist" the audio kext files from the osx dvd and it works, too. but the same, after a few restarts it dosen't work again.