Installing and modifying kexts not working

mwr_allen

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB3F4E laptop and I have successfully installed iAtkos v3 Snow Leopard 10.6.3.

I have all the basic things running without any issues but there are a few tweaks that I need to make to it so that it runs more smoothly.

The issue that I am having at the moment is that my onboard wifi card isn't working although I have a Netgear WG111v2 that I have working with the Realtek USB driver installed but it's a pain because the wifi dongle is big and not ideal, The laptops trackpad also isn't working so I need to use a usb mouse which is also a pain. The intelHDGraphics card is only showing as 1024x768 without any other display options.

My wifi card is an Atheros AR9285

My graphics card is an intel HD Graphics

My trackpad is an Alps Touchpad

Whenever I try to install any kexts from kext helper I get some sort of extension error and also kext helper tells me that it installed but when I click ok it doesn't restart and the application doesn't respond so I have to force quit, after that I can see the kext has been moved to the extentions folder but the hardware does not work. I have tried modifying the kexts to give them the vendor id's and hardware id's etc but with no luck.

I have attached some pictures of my device properties from Windows if someone could please help me get these few bits of hardware running as they should.

Thanks in advance.

Marcus.

post-293154-1295313131_thumb.png

post-293154-1295313144_thumb.png

post-293154-1295313152_thumb.png

post-293154-1295313161_thumb.png

post-293154-1295313168_thumb.png

hello Atheros AR9285 no works change for Atheros AR9281 ebay

check is Half Mini PCI-e Card or no Half Mini PCI-e Card for you computeur

intelhd no works delete all kext intel hd système extension work 1024 x 766 only

sorry my english is french

Thanks for your reply.

As an update to this thread, I just managed to get the Atheros onboard wifi card to see my wifi router and connect to it but it does not load up a web page.

gerard71, I don't mean to be rude but are you speaking from extensive knowledge or just your own findings?

Thanks.

that made a long time thaï a hackintosh and I have just bought a ASUS K52JC i3-350m which uses the same card wifi which did not function well with mac is I has just changed it for atheros AR9281, for the INTEL hd y have to look at everywhere is there is no solution to make it function is if one does not remove the kexts intelhd the system goes planted to starking 10.6.4 or 10.6.5 or 10.6.6

that made a long time thaï a hackintosh and I have just bought a ASUS K52JC i3-350m which uses the same card wifi which did not function well with mac is I has just changed it for atheros AR9281, for the INTEL hd y have to look at everywhere is there is no solution to make it function is if one does not remove the kexts intelhd the system goes planted to starking 10.6.4 or 10.6.5 or 10.6.6

Do you mean I should try completely removing the intel HD kexts and then seeing what happens?

Also, do you think that I should try installing other kexts like nvidia and ati to see if something works?

Thanks.

my ASUS k52jc has a processor i3-350 is a card nvidia 310-M is if one makes the update 10.6.4 the system will plant because of kexts INTELHD, the only means to start again the system is to start again on another hard drive is to remove the kexts intelhd computer will start again in video mode VSA is there will be that the 1024x768, it is not possible to pass on card NVIDIA by what my bios does not give this possibility is only alone one truth macbook makes the switch graphics card

Hey, gringo, do you have any answers to the questions or just smart remarks? I am asking that question because I have a Netgear WG111v2 USB wireless dongle that is only working on my 10.6.3 SL installation with a realtek USB WLAN driver hence the question, should I try installing a different driver for my hardware so if you have any sensible answers then please do share, otherwise please leave this thread.

Thanks.

Hey, gringo, do you have any answers to the questions or just smart remarks? I am asking that question because I have a Netgear WG111v2 USB wireless dongle that is only working on my 10.6.3 SL installation with a realtek USB WLAN driver hence the question, should I try installing a different driver for my hardware so if you have any sensible answers then please do share, otherwise please leave this thread.

Thanks.

The Netgear WG111v2 USB has a realtek chipset ok that is why you use a realtek driver.

intel HD Graphics will not work with nvidia or ati drivers..

Gringo has probably forgotten more than you will ever learn, didn't you want some one speaking from extensive knowledge!

I do need advice on this from people with good knowledge and I understand that but I doesn't give people the right to be just plain rude. I would understand his comment more if I were a veteran in this but I was asking a simple question to something I didnt know.

Thanks.

should I try installing a different driver for my hardware

Of course a driver for Nvidia or ATI hardware will not work for Intel on-board video.

The only way that question would make sense is if you believe that installing software will somehow magically alter your hardware, or make new hardware appear inside your computer.

My advice to you is forget about this and buy a real Mac.