Sady Bridge, my love

Cassiopee

7 posts in this topic

Hi everybody

im looking for informations about the new intel's archi: Sandy Bridge

what about:

core i7-2600K

mother board: ???? there is few asus and gigabyte P67 express mother board and one intel mobo too. which one?

i know the bios are EFI so.. it may be very great for us, isn't it?

overclocking available on hackintosh?

for graphic card: AMD (HD6950) or nvidia (GTX560TI when released)? im looking for simplicity and drivers-install-friendly.

with 8gb DDR3-16000, two 40GB intel X-25m g2 SSD and some other standart HDD.

a particularity: i use the Matrox Triplehead2go with 3*19" LCD screen. its doesnt work on my macbook (not the unibody, the previous version). will does it work on my hackintosh? =/

sorry for my english im a poor little french ^^

thanks you all

I have a 2600 with the Intel mobo .. works well .. and also the tripple2go works with my 480 GTX.... just take it easy on OC for now ... I am having issues with KP trying to go above 4.5GHZ. I wonder if that 6.3GHZ Hackintosh demo is fake ....

• 2 weeks later...

sure its a fake =P i saw some 2600k running around 5.6 or 5.7ghz @1.65v but not above.

thanks for your answer. i will looking for a intel mobo or a gigabyte so!

oh another thing, i dont understand what i am suppose to do to post in the french lounge. that's tell me i must post here first.. but it's already done. Am i supposed to **** someone? XD

• 3 weeks later...

New mac updates cant come any sooner to support these new i7's and chipsets natively. Holding off for a bit until the dust settles about this intel flaw but I too am planning a 2600k hackpro and looking forward to post on progress and get some wise input from this great site

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would appreciate if anyone of you could help me with my situation. I have a brand new Asus G53SW with i7 2630QM processor.

I installed bridge helper from tonymac86, does not help at all. Could some one please tell me how should I go about getting it up and running. I can always boot with legacy [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], if I do so it runs, but takes the memory for DDR2 as opposed to DDR3 and says processor is unknown. Plus I cannot get the rest of functionality natively.

Thanks for advance.

Artimess

PS:I am including the spec sheet of my processor from intel

Intel___Core____i7_2630QM_Processor__6M_Cache__2.pdf