Help on installing iatikos s3 s2 on Msi motherboard

brandonlai123

7 posts in this topic

I've been trying for days to install mac os on my windows pc and so far I've not succeded. everytime I either get to NVenabler and then it goes to waiting for root device. Or sometimes when I've disabled all of my usb ports and other things, it only then allows me to get to usbehci errors.

My computer specs are :

Intel Dual Core E2200 2.2ghz running at 2.8GHz all support SSE3

2gb Qimonda ram

Motherboard: MSI-7366 chipset Nvidia Nforce 610i/7050

HDD: 500gb WDC500AAKS

GPU: Nvidia PNY G210 512mb

Would appreciate if someone could help me install mac on my windows pc :lol:

What install method are you using?What version of OSX are you trying to install?USB errors are fixed by turning off USB Legacy Support in BIOS .. or by using some new bootloader like AnVal ACPI loader for example..it has a USBLegacyOff option.Still waiting for root device is a problem with kexts for your nForce chipset. ;)

Ow I'm trying to install 10.6.3 and its the iATKOS_S3_v2. I haven't got an install method as I can't even get to pre install with the mac install screen. I've tried with -x -v and -f but it all it does in the verbose boot log. it managed to show usbEHCI errors, where as be fore it just would stop and say EHCI overload or something.

Well,if you can't go by the "still waiting for root device error",then you're out of luck with that "distro".If you want Snow Leopard installed,you will have to make your own install dvd/usb or install it from a running Leopard OS.You can also check out nawcom's boot cd (google a bit) and try to install with that a retail Snow Leopard dvd.Hope that answers some quiestions and opens up some further possibilities. ;)

well for a fact I know that distro works on my laptop and my sister computer. Are there any files I can intergrate into the CD or maybe delete something as I heard some people deleted things and it managed to get past the checks . The thing is it would take me forever to get a new distro as connection in the UK isn't perfect

I've been trying for days to install mac os on my windows pc and so far I've not succeded. everytime I either get to NVenabler and then it goes to waiting for root device. Or sometimes when I've disabled all of my usb ports and other things, it only then allows me to get to usbehci errors.

My computer specs are :

Intel Dual Core E2200 2.2ghz running at 2.8GHz all support SSE3

2gb Qimonda ram

Motherboard: MSI-7366 chipset Nvidia Nforce 610i/7050

HDD: 500gb WDC500AAKS

GPU: Nvidia PNY G210 512mb

Would appreciate if someone could help me install mac on my windows pc :)

Your 610i chipset is probably AHCI-compliant so you will not be requiring the AppleNForceATA.kext.......see the iATKOS install guide in my blog and get the BIOS settings for OS X here (see post #1 and #2) and also see Krishna21's guide ......