A strange problem

Grahfex

35 posts in this topic

Graphex,tell me if you reinstall to 10.6.2 and when you do..so we can do it right this time ;) EDIT: Just remembered... boot your install dvd,open utilities and go to terminal. Type "df" and see what partition is your Snow Leopard installed.It will be something like "rdisk0s2". Then do: mount - o remount,rw/ -t /dev/rdisk0s2 <--- replace with your partition designator. Then: cd /Volumes/your-partition-name/System/Library/Extensions/ Then you need to remove SleepEnabler.kext ... rm -rf SleepEnabler.kext . Then type-> kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions .Than just reboot :)

Good thing I looked back at this post..I was on my way to reinstalling OSX..But I will try this first and see what happens :)

Well,you can try one more thing.. If your USB works in safemode, download this AnVAL5.zip and transfer it over there,unzip on desktop,go to terminal and do : sudo -i . Enter your pass then: cd /Users/YOUR-USER-NAME/Desktop/AnVal Then type: fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0 <-- assuming you only have one hard drive in your computer.. then type: if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2 <--- again replace rdisk0sx with x being the number of your partition.. and then finally type: cp boot / .That's it,the new bootloader is installed..that may solve your kernel panic.If that doesn't help,then a reinstall and a fresh start is the best option. ;) EDIT: also,can you post the contents of the file in /Extra/smbios.plist ?

Well,you can try one more thing.. If your USB works in safemode, download this AnVAL5.zip and transfer it over there,unzip on desktop,go to terminal and do : sudo -i . Enter your pass then: cd /Users/YOUR-USER-NAME/Desktop/AnVal Then type: fdisk -f boot0 -u -u /dev/rdisk0 <-- assuming you only have one hard drive in your computer.. then type: if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2 <--- again replace rdisk0sx with x being the number of your partition.. and then finally type: cp boot / .That's it,the new bootloader is installed..that may solve your kernel panic.If that doesn't help,then a reinstall and a fresh start is the best option. ;) EDIT: also,can you post the contents of the file in /Extra/smbios.plist ?

ok I can try that thanks for all of your help again!!

Then type: fdisk -f boot0 -u -u /dev/rdisk0

hi hausbox, nice to see you sharing knowledge: this is the way it has to :)

btw, pay attention to mistyped chars (second -u should be -y no?)