Regenerating Nostalgia - Apple HD Retro Wallpaper

2 posts in this topic

Regenerating Nostalgia - Apple Wallpaper HD

This is a wallpaper that I did in Blender 3D as a tribute to the golden days of computing in the 80s when computers still had limited colors and sound and when they still had limited multimedia capabilities but they were starting to move very fast in that direction.

Those were the days when personal computers were starting to move into the mainstream which led to their eventual acceptance in the 90s as another household item so the pretty logo may bring back some fond memories for some people.

It's in many resolutions from 1024 x 768 all the way to 2560 x 1600 pixels in several different aspect ratios like 4:3, 16:10, 16:9, etc. and I also adapted it to 4:6 ratio IPhone format with 320 x 480 resolution and also 640 x 960 resolution. I used very little compression to preserve a higher quality. The IPhone versions were cropped from the high res render so they are not as optimal but they still look a bit good and they also have the old Apple letters logo in them.

I wanted to do something in 3D with a pseudo sci-fi theme cause I like sci-fi a lot. It was started in Blender 2.49b and finished in Blender 2.5x (about the second half of the work) and one of the reasons that I moved it to the new Blender fast was because it had a much faster renderer and I was planing to use the internal Blender renderer only and see what it could do cause it has become quite capable and one can get pretty decent results with it with a little bit of effort.

It took quite a while to render (like a day and a half) even on a i7 2.66 Ghz CPU with all 8 threads cause I rendered it in very high resolution and it uses ambient occlusion and quite a few lights with many samples. It also has some post processing in Photoshop CS4 for some glow effects and a bit of correction of color and light in some areas.

So there it is, I hope that some people from the old school of computing and/or sci-fi fans like me and others like it. You can modify it as long as it is for your own personal use.

You can download it from here:

Deviantart:

http://fav.me/d36deof

Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gvfcwrdz7c3o...paperVer1-0.zip

post-445319-1294114289_thumb.jpg