damis648

Work in Progress: Google (Inventec) Cr-48

72 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if WPA/2 Enterprise works fine? It worked great on Windows 7 for me, doesn't work at all on Chrome OS, and keeps losing the connection on Ubuntu and Arch Linux...

Advertisement
So far I do not have Bluetooth, Sleep, 3G, and of course QE/CI. Can anyone help me with those first three?

And I have not tested VGA if anyone knows how that is working.

VGA is a little wonky. There is an output; however, the output is unknown and the monitor just flashes "input not supported". Well at least to my monitor, tv and projector.

Finally tore into this thing and put OSX on it. Using Meklort Netbookinstaller I can get a working 10.6 on there quite easily. I have to install voodoohda.pkg seperately, but it works. So far updating hasn't had much luck. I have tried three attempts at 10.6.4 only to start over each time (I don't really have a good backup strategy for this machine yet, so Carbon Copy Cloner isn't really an option at this time). According to Meklort, it will update to 10.6.3 without any issue, so that's my next step. Someone else is picking up where Meklort left off, so hopefully soon we will have QE/CL.

Hi,

Thanks for the great guide!

I just have a question on how to flash back to the original stock CR48 BIOS (maybe UEFI?).

Is it the same process?

1.) Boot to Ubuntu, then run flashrom on the backed BIOS. If you don't have ubuntu, try a live usb?

Is this the command to run?

flashrom -w backup.bin

Of course, the backup.bin is the file that was generated when you ran "flashrom -r" earlier.

2.) Let's say with that command, it returned to the original Chrome BIOS (or UEFI?), you reboot and then you see the sad face -- then you press spacebar -- then insert your Google USB recovery -- wait until it restores -- then is it done?

Will that method work? Please let me know as I really want to try this. Thanks!

you probably already figured this out but yes thats the right way, but for me i actually had to install ubuntu to get it to work...

but anyways im another cr-48 tester and i am planning on staying flashed so that i can use this as a pc (or mac) I am curious about one thing though, how does video play on the machine, i know qe/ci arent working but is mac truly usable assuming you have a mouse and dont care about sleep, will hulu play? or youtube? or even an avi file, if so ill start installing it right away so i can help work out the kinks.

osx86 is about the only mainstream os i havent tried yet

I successfully updated to 10.6.3. Right now I am cloning to my backup disk, will let you know on the video after I complete that. Not a bad little Macbook for free. Hopefully they get the Graphics sorted then it will be awesome (sleep might be nice to, I'm still playing around with that.)

I successfully updated to 10.6.3. Right now I am cloning to my backup disk, will let you know on the video after I complete that. Not a bad little Macbook for free. Hopefully they get the Graphics sorted then it will be awesome (sleep might be nice to, I'm still playing around with that.)

Dang its takin awhile to back up 16gb, lol j/k i appreciate you letting me know tho, i do wonder what exactly is going on regarding the graphics, i thought gma chipsets were working. it did on the lil netbook i used to have. Is there a way i could help? my knowlege of mac is decent, im in between intermediate and beginner. and i do have a lil common sense.

looking foward to hearing about video playback tho.

-john

Sorry got a little distracted. Hulu and Youtube are both crashtastic. Flash crashes trying to play videos. I'll try a little later to get an AVI to play. I am currently just hoping to use this for typing an light we surfing, so it should work.

By the way, successfully updated to 10.6.7. It's a little slow, but usable.

well i would try it if i knew how to use meklort but i dont have a mac to do it on... do ya think i could poke your brain over gmail chat or yahoo or something? it would be nice to hear from a fellow cr48 hacker, im in win 7 atm. my screename is the same for yahoo and gmail if ya get the chance

-john

I'll try to get on for awhile tonight, see if I can be any help, I'm still fairly new at this, although I think with half a dozen successes under my belt I can claim intermediate status.

By the way, Meklort does have non-mac instructions, if you look under the guides section. Not sure how well they work, but they do have them.

I have install mac osx once but I can't get it working again :/ I have the 10a432 dmg on a flash drive with the boot file and extra folder. It boots up but then quickly kernel panics about a mis-match in cpu and kernel.

any help?

thanks!

--UPDATE--

never mind, if someone else has this issue, copy the disabler.kext from chameleon into the extra/extensions folder and you should be fine

I have install mac osx once but I can't get it working again :/ I have the 10a432 dmg on a flash drive with the boot file and extra folder. It boots up but then quickly kernel panics about a mis-match in cpu and kernel.

any help?

thanks!

may not apply to the cr48 specifically but every time i get a kernel panic i look it up for hours only for someone to say "burn it again at a slower speed, or use a diff image(iso)" it may sound very generic but it works for me, i suggest trying that in addition to searching the forums for similar probs... also "10a432 dmg" is so vauge i have no idea where to begin to help you, whatever dmg you are using try and hash check it to make sure its correct..

Could someone please help me get Snow Leopard up and running? I tried Hazard 10.6.2, Retail, SnowOSX UniFlash but none are working. The only tools I have are two 4gb flash drives, an 8gb flash drive, Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.04, and TransMac. Please help me with lots of detail as I am kinda inexperienced with native hackintoshing.

Could someone please help me get Snow Leopard up and running? I tried Hazard 10.6.2, Retail, SnowOSX UniFlash but none are working. The only tools I have are two 4gb flash drives, an 8gb flash drive, Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.04, and TransMac. Please help me with lots of detail as I am kinda inexperienced with native hackintoshing.

Well I've been trying this with the 10.6.7 install image along with loading the Chameleon v2 RC5 on my external hd. I've copied the extra file over and also found TeaTeams 10.7 mach kernel and swapped that out.

However when I boot I use a -v and get the following error, anyone have any ideas?

Images attached.

Thanks for the help.

post-516035-1309117678_thumb.jpg

post-516035-1309117700_thumb.jpg

I'm currently installing 10.6 on my Cr-48. So far, I have no use of the trackpad, so I'm navigating the installer by keyboard. Anyone else with this problem?

I had the exact problem. Once you finish the install, go into settings and click trackpad and enable "Clicking"

If that's not there, download these files http://www.mediafire...2qfxpvmqgugy3d2 and install them by using this http://cheetha.net/

That solved my problem.

Is everyone's audio working? That's my only issue.

Edit: I got it, somehow.

Now for Quartz Extreme......

A couple of questions:

Is the sensitivity in OS X on a CR-48 any less "touchy" than Windows 7, XP, or Chrome? I always find the trackpad to be jumpy b/c I click with my thumb and tend to navigate with my index finger. I don't want to go through the trouble of loading if nothing has been done to fix this, drives me crazy. :)

I see many use Chameleon as their bootloader. I was curious if there is another bootloader anyone has successfully used to load OS X onto the CR-48. Not a big fan of the cutesy stuff at boot with Chameleon, personal preference I guess.

New here, though looked for years and have built a few Hackintoshes now along with having owned countless Macs.

The mouse is actually MORE enjoyable in OSX since you can even modify the thresholds.

As for chameleon, if you set it to automatically load osx, there's no menu or obnoxious pictures

Thank You for both answers. :)

The synaptic driver in windows, the full driver, has a bunch of settings of which 90% are worthless and don't address the finickiness.

As far as the chameleon, very nice. I was hoping for just an Apple and done like a normal Apple portable. :) That works. :)

I see people are working on Atom support for Lion as well. +1 again! :)

The only issue with these laptops is support for the GMA 3150 (Which is one of the most popular CPUs on netbooks as well)

People are still trying though! It doesnt affect you so much though, just a note

Hey guys, I have gotten as far as the Terms of service page, and i can't do anything since there is no touchpad.. i tried putting a usb mouse to the laptop, but it wouldn't work. any ideas?

Probably beating a dead horse into an even deader ground trying to do this in 2015 but has anyone been successful in resolving Sleep at least?  maybe for other netbooks that have the same or similar chipsets?