Dell Inspiron 1545 + iATKOS v7

Sonicdude41

6 posts in this topic

After having messed with this for a day or so, I've become comfortable with a lot of the many different methods required to get a mostly working OS X installation. My travels and travails on this site have assisted me greatly, and I'm thankful for such abundant resources.

I am requesting a bit of assistance with getting some things up and running. specifically with my hardware. I have tried kexts given here, but they have not worked, likely because they are designed for Snow Leopard, rather than the version that I have installed currently. Here's the rundown on what I need help with:

Graphics: I have come to understand that the GMA4500 will NEVER, EVER support QE/CI, simply because of the architecture/the way it handles things... is that not right? As such, I don't really care about having that luxury -- all I really desire is the native resolution: 1366x768.

Installing the kexts provided in the link did not work, nor did adding the Graphics Mode key in com.apple.Boot.plist. I'm stumped here.

Audio: The kext I tried didn't work, likely for the reason already mentioned. The one provided by the installation disc wielded no results as well.

Wireless: The Dell Wireless 1397 card isn't being picked up either. Attempting to install IO80211.kext seems to do nothing.

USB: I've not taken the time to get information on this, as I've mainly been working to get the above working, but, uh, it doesn't work either.

After countless hours of hair-tugging, facepalming, and teeth gritting, I'm just about to pull my hair out. If someone would be so kind as to guide me in the right direction, that would be oh-so helpful.

Some System Specs (from CPU-Z):

Processor: Intel Pentium T4300 (dual-core)
Graphics: Intel GM45/GM47 rev. 07
RAM: 4GB DDR2
Wireless: Dell Wireless 1397

Any other information I can provide upon request.

~Sonicdude41

I have your wifi fix here!

It even works on my laptop, and it's not Dell.

http://cl.ly/0i3T2b2L1r0w1t3Z3z46

Do you have the drivers installed for you Graphics Card?

If not, try this package.

And yes, no one has developed a native QE/CI driver for that card, sorry.

What kext did you try for Audio?

And we'll see about USB.

I have your wifi fix here!

It even works on my laptop, and it's not Dell.

http://cl.ly/0i3T2b2L1r0w1t3Z3z46

Do you have the drivers installed for you Graphics Card?

If not, try this package.

And yes, no one has developed a native QE/CI driver for that card, sorry.

What kext did you try for Audio?

And we'll see about USB.

Okay, I tried both packages. No gas, bro. :)

As for audio, I tried the VoodooHDA.kext file. From what I can tell, I see that there's a category for it in System Preferences, but clicking on it results in it spitting out an IO related error. What I think may have to happen is I'll have to remove all the kexts that I installed. It's either that, or simply reinstall OS X. :)

Really?!!?

I was pretty positive that those would work.

I've installed them in Kalyway, and they work fine, and they partly work in Snowy.

I don't think I ought to go down to Kalyway just to get these drivers to work. That's a bit too drastic. Hmm... I suppose there's something else that I can do. What that something, though, is not clear.

Perhaps a clean install will give me a better place to start. Idk