Help w/ Restoring Kexts...and updating to 10.5.6

rash219

5 posts in this topic

Hey,

Seems I came across a small snag and really appreciate any input

So heres the story i installed SL on my laptop using iAktos S3v2 (10.6.3) and successfully managed to get battery stat and trackpad to work so I backed up all the extensions and then tried a fresh install off the Retail DVD (10.6.0) but on doing a fresh install I lost both trackpad and battery status icon.

So using terminal I tried restoring the kexts, I had previously backed up, only to find no changes in the performance.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also all combo updates that I try seem to cause a kernel panic at about 80% into the installation. And on restarting I cant boot into the system except in safe mode and idea no this issue would also be helpful!!!

Thanks

Same here

I have Dell Studio 15 Laptop with successfully installed Mac Snow Leopard 10.6 Retail DVD using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd . BUT When i'm updating my 10.6 to 10.6.5 using 10.6.5 ComboUpdate its giving kernel panic when Updater 80% installed where it said "Moving items into place"...

But no one is helping me about this issue.

post-198388-1293363660_thumb.jpg