office 2011 wont install

kajou

10 posts in this topic

I also get this problem, even when booting into 32 bit & 64 bit, both give the same error message! :S

Yours is the one where it's like this can only be installed on 10.5.8 or later? I've also got 10.6.5 and I'm encountering the same problem.

I know someone is probably going to comment on this like "Use open office office sucks" we aren't asking for that comment, some people need this to work in order to do work etc. If anyone has a valid solution then please post it here.

and why not to contact their support and to ask about this bug? If you both have the same issue - this means it is not unique, maybe it is Office's glitch? If you are installing Office on compatible os's - it must work, if it doesn't - this is a nice reason to chat with Microsoft support representatives:)

• 2 months later...
Anything going with this? can it be done?

YES IT CAN! :D:D I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION! IM RUNNING 10.6.6 on a D420 DEll and a X60 IBM TABLET.

It's your kernel. Simply put, the kernel. Some of those patched kernels are real garbage i must tell you.

I replaced the "legacy_kernel" I was using from 10.6.6 package i got from KEXT dot com

with, a kernel from my bootloader "IbootRC5r700.iso" I also used 10.6.6. of sleepenabler.Kext.. (be warned...if you want to test out kernels, remove the sleepenabler just in case) and thats it. It install flawlessly.. in 32 or 64 bit mode.

WE ARE HACKINGTOSH! AND WE RULE!