how about open cl for fermi

shenor

4 posts in this topic

We already have a long-running Fermi topic where that is being discussed.

Whenever you have a general question, try to find and post in an existing topic instead of creating a new one, this makes it much easier for everyone to find information using the search because all related information will be in the same place, and at the same time you're much more likely to get a meaningful answer since there are many people with the same hardware participating in the thread already.

Here's the thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=214219

We already have a long-running Fermi topic where that is being discussed.

Whenever you have a general question, try to find and post in an existing topic instead of creating a new one, this makes it much easier for everyone to find information using the search because all related information will be in the same place, and at the same time you're much more likely to get a meaningful answer since there are many people with the same hardware participating in the thread already.

Here's the thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=214219

I know and whatching topic. but this one for open cl who looking for not installation problem.Fermi topic have 71 sheet and new users may don't want read all, for only open cl or cuda core.I think topic must devide install and post install.

I understand, but both OpenCL and CUDA has been discussed at length in the existing topic already. If anyone knows anything about these issues, they'll be watching that topic and posting in it when there are any news.

I can only speak for myself of course but I'm sure the moderators will agree that it's not feasible to split a 70+ page topic. Everything is mixed and intertwined and you would end up with fragmented posts and broken conversation.

The majority of the installation problems people are facing are general nvidia issues, they are not Fermi specific.

Currently the best you can do is:

Upgrade to 10.6.5

Install the latest drivers from nvidia, including CUDA and whatever else there is

Install the latest version of Chameleon 2.0 RC5 and set GraphicsEnabler=y