need some clarification about 64 bit

Noam AA

1 post in this topic

i was posting before about it, but sill i cant understand it.

i have almost successful installation of SL 10.6.5. but the thing is, i have to boot in 32 bit mod for my PCI RME card.

the early time of my installation i was running with pc-efi 10.5 and my boot flag was -x32

then i moved to chemeleon rc5 and now my boot flag is arch=i386.

now my card is working in a 32 bit mode, however, it seems even when i'm booting in a 32 bit mode all the native programs are able to load on a native 64 bit mod (i can see it in the activity monitor), and i am even able to load logic 9 with a 64 bit mod, now as much as happy as i am being able to lunch apps with a 64 bit mod, i am still curios about some thing like, how can it be that the logic 64 bit have a full connection with my RME 32 bit driver? and if someone can clarify me how i can run things in a 64 bit mode when im booting in a 32 bit mod ( as said above, boot flag arch=i386)

its not that it's bug me, i'm just curios how it could be

oh and my specs if someone want to know

P5k-SE

Q6600

4GB RAM

8400 GS

RME 9632 PCI

PowerCore MK2 PCI

thanks to anyone who can help me understand it :)