Radeon Mobility HD 5145 (Rebadged Mobility HD 4570)

WoodroweBones

5 posts in this topic

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L650. I can get OSX installed and running but I run into issues getting my graphics card to load properly. I'm limited to 1024x768 until I get this resolved (is there a way to force resolution using the terminal?)

I've googled and searched but havent come up with anything. The closest I came was someone mentioning editing a kext having worked for other people but it didnt work for them. I'm not real familiar with Kexts as of yet so I'm not sure what exactly they did.

Anyone have experience with this GPU (or the slightly lower clocked 4570)?

• 4 weeks later...
I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L650. I can get OSX installed and running but I run into issues getting my graphics card to load properly. I'm limited to 1024x768 until I get this resolved (is there a way to force resolution using the terminal?)

I've googled and searched but havent come up with anything. The closest I came was someone mentioning editing a kext having worked for other people but it didnt work for them. I'm not real familiar with Kexts as of yet so I'm not sure what exactly they did.

Anyone have experience with this GPU (or the slightly lower clocked 4570)?

Here is the link for RadeonHD kext.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190586

U will be able to get yr card working but u will not be able to get QE. And if u r lucky u might able to change the resolution in the prefrences.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I found the RadeonHD.kext and tried it but same issues. It either doesnt recognize my card or causes a KP.

I'm actually willing to buy a new laptop as the one in this post is actually my work one (dont worry, I'm an IT guy so I can fix any damage :)).

I should probably make a new post (after some searching of course) but i was hoping to find a list/database of laptops that have almost everything working with OSX. It would save me having to watch in pain as my gf pays over double the price of what the hardware is worth in a new Macbook :P