Osx86 Installation need help!

m3thodandr3d

4 posts in this topic

I have recently downloaded osx86_10.4.4 Install DVD.iso and put the iso on a dvd, but i cant get it to boot. When i set my boot settings to cdrom it says boot device not available. The dvd drive is plugged in, but i cant get the iso to boot, Any suggestions would be helpful =)

I am sorry, but i downloaded the macosx_10.4.3_8f1111_for_dtk_userdvd.iso not the 10.4.4, sorry for the confusion.

Does it say "boot" device not available or "root" device not available.

If root device is not available, try setting the jumpers on your hard drive to primary master. Set your jumpers on your DVD drive to primary slave. They should be on the same cable. Do not depend on cable select.

If that doesn't work, try reversing things - hard drive as primary slave and DVD as primary master.

Disconnect any other drives including external drives and flash drives (media readers, usb flash, etc). You can try reconnecting them after installation.

It sounds to me like you just stuck the .iso file on the DVD. You need to burn it as a DVD image. Try using IMG Burn to burn your iso file.

OMG! I sure hope someone who doesn't know how to burn an ISO properly isn't trying to install something as tricky as OSx86. lol! :)