HFS+ Partition Error

safeas

6 posts in this topic

I've had a couple of successful installations now and the Darwin Bootloader usually worked fine.

But this particular install, I made the partition when installing windows 7, then once booted into windows 7, made the raw partition active.

I then used Kalyway 10.5.2 and installed OSX onto the named partition, I used both Vanilla Kernel and Sleep Kernel (rather use sleep kernel as it shutdowns properly) but with this particular install, I get the HFS+ Partition Error.

The only thing I cam think I've done differently is the order I partitioned, because the last time the darwin bootloader worked, I partitioned my hard drive via Partition Magic, in Windows 7.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

hello,

when you made Partitions inside of the installation of W7 then the Partition is NOT PRIMARY, but rather SECONDARY, IMHO.

OSX can only be installed on a PRIMARY Partition !

you should install OSX on the second PRIMARY Partition, because W7 put some Informations

on a hidden Partition at the End of a HD e.g. ( 8MB on WinXP ), i don't no really how it's on

W7,because i've never used W7 :) !

CooSee ' Ya

hello,

when you made Partitions inside of the installation of W7 then the Partition is NOT PRIMARY, but rather SECONDARY, IMHO.

OSX can only be installed on a PRIMARY Partition !

you should install OSX on the second PRIMARY Partition, because W7 put some Informations

on a hidden Partition at the End of a HD e.g. ( 8MB on WinXP ), i don't no really how it's on

W7,because i've never used W7 :hysterical: !

CooSee ' Ya

But when I made the partition in Windows 7, I labeled it as "Active" as instructed. Therefore I presumed its now Primary.

Or have I misunderstood?

Or have I misunderstood?

possibly :blink: !

start into your W7 and create NEW Primary Partitions and format with NTFS and name it e.g. ' OSX ' for the Second

Primary and create and format the Rest with NTFS, too, if there's space leftover!

RAW is a bad idea, IMHO !!!

then start to the OSX installation and choose the ' OSX ' named Partition and format to

' Mac OS Extended (Journaled) ' !

but i don't know about ' MBR ' formatted HD's and OSX installation, because i only use

GUID format for my OSX and not MBR !

EDIT: IMHO, W7 use a hidden Partition at the beginning of the HD, i think it's 200 MB, i don't know exactly !

because of that, maybe you're getting into trouble with DualBooting :dev::hysterical:

CooSee ' Ya

The hidden partition is fine. Its not actually hidden and it shows as system reserved.

I'll try what you've said. If all else fails I might just do it like I did the first time round. But I must have installed OSX about 5 times today so I think I'll wait til monday! :hysterical:

The hidden partition is fine. Its not actually hidden and it shows as system reserved.

I'll try what you've said. If all else fails I might just do it like I did the first time round. But I must have installed OSX about 5 times today so I think I'll wait til monday! :blink:

and please don't use apps like ' Partition Magic ' anymore, it's a piece of :hysterical: !

always use the Operating System Tools, please !

CooSee ' Ya