OSX 10.6.3 (iAtkos S3 v2) on my laptop (Toshiba L650)

WoodroweBones

12 posts in this topic

I have installed OSX on a PC previously (my desktop) and got things running quite well. However I have since gotten a new laptop and I was hoping to get OSX on it as well.

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro L650 ( http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?lg=e...3&category= ) My version is not listed there as mine has a Core i5 450M

I can get the install running by booting off the disc and using the "busratio=19" argument during boot. However once install has completed and it reboots my machine I get continuous reboots when trying to boot my OSX. I tried entering busratio=19 to its boot options as well but it still reboots. Tried -v but it goes by so quick that I cant see anything useful.

I'm sure others out there have run into similar issues... any tips or words of advice?

Good question on the drive format. I didnt change anything when I went into the Disk Utility and made the partition however if it matters I originally created the partition in Windows 7 and then just used the Disk Utility to erase it and format as Mac OSX Journalled... I do have a "successful" dual-boot setup with my windows 7. When booting I get the windows bootloader and it asks if I want Windows 7 or Mac OSX (added it using EasyBCD). If I choose Mac OSX it then goes to the chameleon loader where I can select my OSX install. It starts to boot and I see the grey apple screen but it reboots immediately.

I used the default Kernel from iAtkos s3 v2 and AHCI is enabled in my BIOS

I will do that right away. If it doesnt work should I simply try working my way through the options for different kernels?

My gf has an old iBook G4 that is starting to show signs of death so I was hoping to get OSX going on my much newer laptop so she doesnt have to worry and can reap the massive performance benefits :angel:

Yeah that was how I got it going on my desktop but I never ran into this continuous reboot issue. I would simply get KPs or errors depending on options I selected and wasnt sure if this was somehow related to the busratio command (never had to do that on my desktop).

Glad to hear its probably just an option somewhere. I will play around for a bit. Thanks for the help!

I am not having any luck at all. I did notice that under the Custom install options there is a section for IDE/SATA and under that a box for SATA AHCI. Its not checked by default but even with checking it off its a no go (still same reboots). From what I can tell when I run it with -v it reboots as soon as it starts "Darwin..." didnt catch the whole line as it flashes by very quickly.

It feels like I'm missing something (sort of like the busratio command for booting off the disc).

Should I play with different bootloaders at all?

Ok I've gotten the install to go farther now...

The PCJ kernel seems to work the best as it actually will boot with only the busratio=18 command being specified but I still get Kernel Panics when booting. I am messing around some more with the options to try and get things going and will report back here if I get it working

I may just be talking to myself at this point but thought I'd update it anyway...

Seems to have more to do with the bootloader than the Kernel... if I use the default bootloader in iAtkos s3 v2 it never ever gets past the reboot issue.

When i do get past the reboot issue I get the following error:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/wood...101204-1807.jpg

Havent figured out how to get around this one yet :)

• 3 weeks later...
I may just be talking to myself at this point but thought I'd update it anyway...

Seems to have more to do with the bootloader than the Kernel... if I use the default bootloader in iAtkos s3 v2 it never ever gets past the reboot issue.

When i do get past the reboot issue I get the following error:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/wood...101204-1807.jpg

Havent figured out how to get around this one yet :wacko:

Hi! I have exactly the same CPU and exactly the same problem while installing iAtkos S3 v2 on my notebook.

I used "busratio=20" to install the operating system on my HDD. It installed fine, but when I tried to load into Mac OS, it just rebooted on the same line as your own. Exactly the same situation, even "busratio=20" didn't help.

I will try to install it once again and play with install options. I hope there will be any luck.

Hi! I have exactly the same CPU and exactly the same problem while installing iAtkos S3 v2 on my notebook.

I used "busratio=20" to install the operating system on my HDD. It installed fine, but when I tried to load into Mac OS, it just rebooted on the same line as your own. Exactly the same situation, even "busratio=20" didn't help.

I will try to install it once again and play with install options. I hope there will be any luck.

Hi,

I had a similar problem on my Toshiba and the problem was the appleHDA.kext driver in the instalation. now i install only the voodooHDA sound and not the appleHDA.kext sound driver,

after that i never had this CPU0 KP on boot.

i hope it helps ;)