install hackintosh on HANNspree SN12E22

Mihai Popescu

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm new to this hackintosh world, even tough i'm not new to the Aplle world (i own an iPhone and have Snow Leopard emulated in a VmWare image).

I want to buy this piece of hardware here or here and i would wish to know if it's there any way that i could install Hackintosh on it, and better yet, if all my components (or which ones exactly) would word.

Thank you for your time and answers!

Here are the main specs:

Manufacturer: Intel

CPU family: Pentium Dual-Core

Model: SU4100

Cores per processor: 2

Operating frequency: 1.3 GHz

L2 Cache: 2.0 MB

CPU architecture: 64-bit

Manufacturing technology: 45 nm

Chipset model: GS45 + ICH9M-SFF

RAM Memory: 2 GB DDR2-800

Graphics : Integrated Intel

Model: GMA4500MHD

Wi-Fi: Yes (802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n)

• 1 month later...

Hello Mihai [salut, imi dau seama ca esti din Romania ;) ]

Installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard [and updating to latest 10.6.6] it shouldn't be so hard, at least just looking at it working, not fully functional...

Two ways of installing on this machine as I can figure out:

1. using a Alienware M11x tutorial [because Hannspree has the same configuration minus the dedicated video]-using NetbookInstaller

2. using the classic hackintosh distribution, and doing some kextstat to see what kexts are need from the one installed for slipstreaming the install

problems I can think of:

the touchpad - this is no synaptics, this is Sentelic Finger Sensing Pad -solution found!

atheros wireless, lan and bluetooth as well [if you have wireless working, is ok... I think] -most of them found!

sleep working

vga/hdmi output

I have exams until lately february so I can't begin porting Mac OS to this machine, no time.

I am also interested in a triple boot on this machine because is quite powerfull [i also use overclock with SetFSB from FSB 200Mhz=>250Mhz] and I don't just want it to work, I want to be optimized and load just and exactly was is needed

• 1 year later...