My First Hackintosh

Lefterson

1 post in this topic

Ok, so I have decided to turn my Acer Aspire 5920 laptop into a Windows 7, Mac OS X Dual-Boot Hackintosh system.

I have done extensive reading on these forums, and was only able to get so far, and now I am looking for some help!

Unfortunately most of the materials I find for Acer are either for the Acer Aspire One or the Acer Aspire 5920G. My device is quite different from these.

I have installed iAtkos v7 on a separate partition on my laptop (formatted as per tutorial). I went through the installation, completed it. When trying to load the Mac OS it goes to the white screen with the Apple Logo. The spinning loader starts spinning for a second, and then freezes, and then my laptop restarts and does it all over again.

My other problem is preparing my computer for dual-boot. I have look at many posts, and ill be honest, i'm very confused as to how I should do this.

As things stand now I have the iAtkos v7 installed, and I have fixed the BOOTMGR to make Windows 7 work again, so I am now logged back into windows with no access to my Mac installation which doesnt currently work.

If anybody can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. If more specs are needed on my laptop I can post when I get home but im pretty sure I will only need those when fine tuning the installation.

I need to get a dual boot system set up, and need to make my mac installation load so I can see what works and what doesnt work.

I hope my post does not anger anyone as I know people post questions without looking all the time. I have been on Google, and here the past two days trying to figure things out, and am only posting because I am stuck, and cant find the information I need.

TIA

Dave