Google Chrome problems

veamon

9 posts in this topic

For some reason, on 10.6.3 through 10.6.5, I've had issues with Google Chrome. It seems to work fine, but will just stall on sites like Youtube. Safari is being weird and crashing all the time since I updated to 10.6.5, and I can't downgrade since I need it for iOS development.

I've resorted to Firefox, but I'd rather use Chrome or Safari. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking Safari was crashing because its supposed to be using more of the GPU, which mine isnt supported, but Safari worked fine in 10.6.3.

Help?

i had the same problem! suddenly Chrome being a {censored} and stall in almost any sites! End up asking me to kill the page. Even the good boy Safari which i always rely on when Chrome in trouble, act the same. Only FF providing the good behavior, but time to time it will not responding. I'm not sure what's the problem.

Graphics driver? I think I have done that mate. I can play games decently on my Hackintosh. Even not as fluidly on my PC. I think its got to do on Chrome, cause this not only happen in Mac, it happen the same on PC. And on certain websites, like insanelymac itself. It will load for so long until it Snap. So does the kexts.com. PC or Mac. Same problem with Chrome.

Chrome's not working for me either in SL. I also get the random crashes but the biggest issue for me is flash/youtube playback. Youtube just stutters every few seconds and its basically unwatchable. Everything works normally in Firefox though.

Graphics drivers are not the problem. Do you guys think it might have something to do with the AMD kernel?

For anyone else who has this problem (with an unsupported graphics card), you have to download the flash remover tool, install version 9, and then in chrome go to about:plugins and disable the built in one and enable the one you installed. Works fine after that, also fixes Safari by downgrading.

• 3 months later...