ATI M6 not recognized under 10.4.6/7

7 posts in this topic

Hi there,

have installed Mac OS X 10.4.7 on my IBM ThinkPad X31 and everything works great including WLAN and battery management! :)

The only thing not working correctly is the graphic adapter, it's an ATI M6 chipset.

Has anyone brought this to work or can tell me what driver to use?

Thanks in advance,

Yngwie

Hey, i have the same system and it seems to be working find under 10.4.6 maxxus. However I had the worst time trying to get power management functioning properly. Did you get suspend-to-disk (deep sleep, hibernate) working properly?

Hi there,

have installed Mac OS X 10.4.7 on my IBM ThinkPad X31 and everything works great including WLAN and battery management! :construction:

The only thing not working correctly is the graphic adapter, it's an ATI M6 chipset.

Has anyone brought this to work or can tell me what driver to use?

Thanks in advance,

Yngwie

2 penguinboy:

I didn't spend any time to find out about fixing the suspend-to-disk problem. I don't have much time finishing my studies here in germany so I can't test OS X the way I want to... :-(

It does not work with my installation, too. I installed the 10.4.6 JAS DVD with the 10.4.7 fix from JAS.

2 newbmac:

weeguy is right! I replaced the original Cisco miniPCI card with the IBM a/b/g II having an Atheros chipset and it works really fine with the 10.4.5 kexts!

• 2 months later...

There are many X31 models and at least two WiFi chip sets. I have the Intel 2100B and that doesn't work.

Anybody knows how to get the fan speed down? They run at full speed without good reason (the X31 is not hot at all).

> The only thing not working correctly is the graphic adapter, it's an ATI M6 chipset.

> Has anyone brought this to work or can tell me what driver to use?

What is not working for you? It runs out of the box, but no OpenGL. Installing the AGPart drivers from

X86Dev.org enabled OpenGL and the screen saver started working. Neither QE not CI is enabled by this. I believe Ci is impossible due to HW limitations, but I've read claims that QE is possible (note: claims only).

Anybody gotten Bluetooth to work on the X31?

best,

zbob