Web Cam

PsicheAlCubo

2 posts in this topic

Another little issue which I can hardly understand: when I first installed SL my VX-5000 (Microsoft) has been recognized immediatly as long as I could take a shot to use as profile pic on the first setting up of the system. Lately I had to re-install several times due to some issues which I solved..but now the cam won't work at all!

The strange thing is that under "System Profiler - Hardware - USB" I can clearly see my camera plugged in and recognized as well "Microsoft LifeCam VX-5000" ..and even trying to open Photo Booth on the top menu under the voice "camera" appears to be plugged in my camera and recognized except that the main screen stays just black! Besides opening the "image capture" application I get the message "no camera or scanner connected" ...so...where's the trick?? The system well knows that there's the camera plugged in....but....??? What??? Any ideas?? Any other kext to install?? HELP