Asus P4P800-E Deluxe IDE issues?

4 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have an Asus P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard, currently, my primary IDE and SATA works perfectly. My secondary IDE (which contains my dvdrw drive and also another hdd) doesnt detect, so i have no optical drives in OSX, so i cant use it to play cds/dvds, etc.

The third IDE (which is actually RAID, configured as normal IDE though) doesnt seem to work.. which isnt unexpected since OSX apparently has no RAID support.

I am just wondering why on earth OSX cant see my dvdrw drive and the hdd also attached to that IDE. To get OSX installed on my PC i had to disconnect the second hdd on primary ide and plug my dvdrw drive in.

Has anyone been able to get the second IDE to work on this motherboard? or a similar motherboard (think its the p4c800??)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as at current i cant install or play or view anything using my dvdrw drive B)

My P4C800-E Deluxe works fine with the following configuration:

Pentium 4 3.2C

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

2GB Corsair PC3200

Geforce 6800 Ultra

IDE Primary:

250GB Maxtor (133GB NTFS, 100GB HFS+)

160GB Seagate (NTFS)

IDE Secondary:

NEC ND-3520AW DVD-RW

Sony DDU1612 DVD-ROM

SATA:

80GB (Windows drive/NTFS)

I'm guessing it has something to with RAID or something else in the BIOS. Try disabling the RAID controller and/or resetting to factory default.

I'm guessing it has something to with RAID or something else in the BIOS. Try disabling the RAID controller and/or resetting to factory default.

When i first was trying to get Mac OSX installed i disabled sata, raid, etc, etc in my bios and just had my main hdd on primary ide and my dvdrw on my secondary ide, still osx could not see my dvdrw drive, i had to put the dvdrw drive on the primary slave.

Its an odd one.