What is this stuff?

seanfrisbey

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I feel kinda left in the dark here about some things. In the Windows world, we just install drivers and we are good to go. However, in the Mac world, it seems a bit different, and I can't seem to wrap my head around it. I am under the understanding that there are .kext files, an EFI, something about ACPI, and something about DSTS. However, with all of the things I'm reading from different sources, I still can not piece everything together.

Can someone explain to me what everything is, and the "basic" process of getting hardware to work? I have no sound and my video card is not recognized properly. Everything else works fine (so it seems...).

And seriously?! We can attach a 10GB file to this posting???

Thanks for your wisdom and advice.

Sean

Seems like a broken link...it says the posting is gone.

Ok, I was able to Google the posting and found it elsewhere. I understand the definitions of everything now, I just don't know what to do with it. If I have a Galaxy nVidia GTX 470, how would I go about getting it to work? I know I need a kext for it, and I THINK I need to edit the DSTS to include my card or something, but I don't know exactly what to do.

Thanks! :D

Seems like a broken link...it says the posting is gone.

Ok, I was able to Google the posting and found it elsewhere. I understand the definitions of everything now, I just don't know what to do with it. If I have a Galaxy nVidia GTX 470, how would I go about getting it to work? I know I need a kext for it, and I THINK I need to edit the DSTS to include my card or something, but I don't know exactly what to do.

Thanks! :D

How to get it to work?

Best way is research

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...q=&gs_rfai=