Need Help on OSX 10.4.6 Myzar native installation on Fujitsu Siemens AMILO A 1630 Notebook

bast

13 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

I tried doing native installation with OSX 10.4.6 Myrza image on my AMD based Fujitsu Siemens AMILO A 1630 Notebook, and unfortunately, it failed misserably with debug and kernel panic.

Oddly enough, I tried using the very same image to install it in VMWare 5, and it went seamlessly well but unfortunately, preety sluggish, that's why I'm very very interested in installing the OS natively.

The relevant spec of my notebook:

- AMD Mobile Athlon 64 3700+ (Socket 754, ClawHammer, supports SSE, SSE2)

- Chipset: iS 755 + SiS SB 963

- Uniwill 258KA0 Mainboard

- 1 GB DDR-RAM

- 80 GB HDD [Partitioned 20GB NTFS primary WinXP, 15GB Empty for OSX, 55GB FAT32 Logical for Data]

- Graphic Card: ATI Radeon mobility 9700

I read about requirement of OSX and it seems to me that my laptop fulfilled the requirement, which also explained y I could do the Vmware install.

What I did was pretty simple, I used partition magic to free up space for the new partition, I used diskpart to create an "af" partition (could it be the problem that the OSX partition come AFTER the WinXP partition ?), and then reboot to the OSX install DVD

I'm using Myzar OSX 10.4.6 image, I've also tried the JoS version and get the same error message

Attached below are the snapshop I made on my monitor explaining the kernel panic, please review it to have more information about the error.

post-49318-1154808777_thumb.png

Thx a lot for reading, and suggestions / help regarding this problem is deeply appriciated :-)

-Bast-

Hi Rammjet, thx for ur reply

what you mean is the "install' button after the blue screen appear right? The problem is I didn't even get there to the blue screen. The snapshop u might've seen was displayed after booting the dvd, right after starting the computer and choosing "-v" for verbose install option. I'd be massively happy if I could even see the install button :D

Thx,

-Bast-

The XP partition must be first. The OSX partition must be second and the data third. Also, the OSX partition must be logical FAT32. When you install from the CD you must convert the partition into a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition. After the OS installs you need to convert the partition to a primary, and then mark it active.

I used Acronis Disk Director to make and convert my partitions and OS Selector for the dual-boot.

Hope this helps.

The XP partition must be first. The OSX partition must be second and the data third. Also, the OSX partition must be logical FAT32. When you install from the CD you must convert the partition into a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition. After the OS installs you need to convert the partition to a primary, and then mark it active.

I used Acronis Disk Director to make and convert my partitions and OS Selector for the dual-boot.

Hope this helps.

Hi Storm.

are you SURE that the OSX partition must be logical FAT32? Well, I get nothing to lose on the partition anyway :D I'm trying it right now, hope this works

-Bast-

Hi Storm.

are you SURE that the OSX partition must be logical FAT32? Well, I get nothing to lose on the partition anyway :D I'm trying it right now, hope this works

-Bast-

There is one successful installation guide that advises to make it logical and then convert it. Most of the rest use a primary partition, as I did.

I don't think this will have anything to do with getting the DVD to boot, though.

Since it went well in VMware, you might use VMware to install OSX to your hard drive. There are guides telling you how to do that.

Hi Rammjet, Storm

I tried it, and it didn't work. I also thought it has nothing to do wih it, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try. Hmmm, any other suggestion where I could do wrong ?

-Bast-

The kernal panic you have shown with a pic is the ApplePS2Controller.kext.

I have an Amilo M and it has exactly the same problem. You can solve the problem by removing the ApplePS2Controller.kext but you will lose the ability to use the keyboard and touchpad on your laptop, you will need to use a USB Mouse and Keyboard. Its a common error most Amilo's experience.

It worked in VMWare because VMWare emulates a different driver, one which OSX likes and will load.

There is one successful installation guide that advises to make it logical and then convert it. Most of the rest use a primary partition, as I did.

I don't think this will have anything to do with getting the DVD to boot, though.

Since it went well in VMware, you might use VMware to install OSX to your hard drive. There are guides telling you how to do that.

This one worked great for me:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...9&hl=native

Hi D@NM@C,

thanks a lot for the insightful prespective, can you pls tell me how do u exactly remove the ApplePS2Controller.kext ? I've tried looking through this forum on in google, but haven't found any specific instructions on how to do that. Unable to use PS2 keyboard / mouse sucks bad of course :compress: But maybe acceptable since I have USB keyboard / Mouse at home.

@Storm PS:

Thanks mate, I'll try the instruction after I remove the ApplePS2Controller.kext first.

-Bast-

On your OSX partition, look in the System/Library/Extensions folder and drag the kext out of there.

Also, delete 2 files in the System/Library folder. They are cache files and must be rebuilt on boot up. Delete the files Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kext

Hi again Rammjet,

thx for the instruction, hmmm, but this means I have to be able to install the OS first, right? Which I haven't been able to yet. Is there a way to modify to install script so they should SKIP to load ApplePS2Controller.kext in installation? Since I do have USB Mouse / Keyboard to begin with the installation.

-Bast-