Almost perfect 10.6.4 - AOpen i945Gm-PILF

_Ombra_

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

after being stuck on an old hackintosh using 10.5.6 i decided to update my installation to get to know new techniques and softwares.

After a couple of days i finally got my new hackintosh to work (and from which i'm writing this post :)).

My specs:

Motherboard AOpen i945Gm-PILF (BIOS 1.08)

Memory 2Gb DDR2

Video GeForce 8400 GS 512Mb

My procedure was:

-Created Chameleon BootCD RC5 r3xx + FakeSMC 2.5 (Snow) + AppleACPIPS2Nub (Snow) + VoodooPS2Controller (Snow) + Qoopz Legacy 10.6.4 Kernel.

-Installed retail 10.6.3.

-Installed Chameleon EFI using unofficial installer of RC5 r602 and added all kext to Extra\Extensions

-Updated to 10.6.4

After i dedicated about half a day fixing a lot of stuff. There i learned about DSDT (which fixed the cmos reset issue), fixed PS2 Keyboard+Mouse combination, inserted EFI string for video card, created a network driver based off of the 10.6.4 IONetworkingFamily and got audio working using AppleAzaliaAudio.

Now there are a couple of things that bothers me.

1. I tried to get the audio to work using VoodooHDA without luck. With AppleAzaliaAudio i only have 2 channels output but no input. My device/ven id is 8086:27d8. Any ideas how i can get VoodooHDA to work?

2. Sleep doesn't work properly and the power button doesn't work either even if i have Sleepenabler that came with the legacy kernel. The pc does go to sleep but after i wake it i have various issues. The performance is not the same and when i shut it of i get KP. Power button just doesn't work. Any ideas on that???

3. The disk with my OS X installation is connected to the 4th SATA port and i like the funcionality of Chameleon to boot other OSes directly from the menu... but when i try to boot XP it doesn't work. I need to boot directly from the Boot selection menu of the bios for it to work. I'm just lost with that. Ideas?

Hope somebody can enlighten me

NOTE: If you guys are interested in a compiled ISO of the BootCD for this board plus the drivers for 10.6.4 please let me know

Here they are... i hope the DSDT is the last one because i made so many tests.... :)

I included the current .aml just in case but i don't know if there is a way to decompile that.

The processor is a mere Pentium 4 3.01 Ghz

Let me know if you find something. I understand the power button is fixable via the DSDT but i din't manage to make it work.

i945pilf.zip