PS2 keyboard

dnx

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I've got everything to work perfectly exept my PS2 keyboard. Is it possible to use ps2?

It works fine in the bootloader but when the OS is booted it doesn't work.

I don't have any USB keyboards atm.

Hi, I've got everything to work perfectly exept my PS2 keyboard. Is it possible to use ps2?

It works fine in the bootloader but when the OS is booted it doesn't work.

I don't have any USB keyboards atm.

My PS2 keyboard works fine, although the keyboard shortcuts set up in osx86 are mapped to a mac keyboard. :lol:

I can't get my PS/2 keyboard to work either, although my USB mouse works fine.

When I boot into the command-line mode, the keyboard actually seems to work. I can start the rest of the boot process off (sh /etc/rc), and they keyboard responds while booting. It suddenly stops working on this line:

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream

As far as I can see, the PS/2 driver isn't getting a response from a PS/2 mouse (because there isn't one), so it kills itself, taking the keyboard support with it.

I tried plugging in a PS/2 port mouse, but that didn't help. I think there might be something wrong with my PS/2 port though, because plugging a mouse into the PS/2 port does nothing in any other operating system either (Windows, Linux). Tried with both USB mice (with an adapter) and the only real PS/2 mouse I still have.

Might be worth checking if you have a similar problem. Boot into command-line mode (use the -s switch at the Darwin bootloader), and see if you can type stuff. If so, type "sh /etc/rc" to boot the rest of the system, and see if you get a message like mine, and if the keyboard stops working.

My PS2 keyboard works fine, although the keyboard shortcuts set up in osx86 are mapped to a mac keyboard.  :lol:

Are you doing anything special to get it to work? I really can't get mine to work after the boot loader. Tried diffrent settings and diffrent keyboards but nothing works :(

Are you doing anything special to get it to work? I really can't get mine to work after the boot loader. Tried diffrent settings and diffrent keyboards but nothing works :lol:

no, i just loaded it up and everything worked fine...very odd. I dont think it matters, but I have a standard Dell keyboard, the one's that come with the dimension desktops.

I have no clue why it wouldnt be working...your next best bet...radio shack has ps2 to usb adapters...try that.

no, i just loaded it up and everything worked fine...very odd. I dont think it matters, but I have a standard Dell keyboard, the one's that come with the dimension desktops.

I have no clue why it wouldnt be working...your next best bet...radio shack has ps2 to usb adapters...try that.

Yeah, I have this same (ps2) keyboard but I am having the same problem as dnx and graft :( It just refuses to work. I can do -s at darwin and type sh /etc/rc but then it says some line about issuing boot something and freezes...and nothing responds. Keyboard doesn't work if I'm in the actualy OSX gui either...

i just registered to see if anyone else had this problem.. i have a couple different keyboards to try but no luck with either...

chipset here is kt800 (via)

wireless logitech keyboard/mouse

xenix black illuminated ps/2 keyboard ditto

both dont work native boot.. works fine in vmware

first boot up i had a screen that asked me to hit the key next to shift... so i did.. (key is z)

then nothing happened so i closed that window

that was the only time i saw that window... after googling i noticed an image of the apple keyboards and am now thinking that the key it was waiting for might have been alt.. or the windows key or something... i cant get that msg to pop back up so im not sure..

ill be reading this thread to see if any of you guys get past this.. or if i find a way sooner ill post what i did.

i changed the password to my own password but couldnt figure out how to clear the password to no password if there is a way... if anybody knows id love to give that a try aswell and atleast get into osx so i can poke around with mouse or on screen keyboard..

cheers... tia for anyhelp

Same problem here

HP PS/2 Keyboard. I can get to boot up to Registration but cannot type anything. PS/2 Mouse does not work either but USB does.

Please, somebody post a fix!!! This is the last piece of the puzzle!

Thank you!

Ok got it working

I disabled APIC and USB on the BIOS and both PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard are working spledidly. I believe that disabling just the USB does it but did not check.

Very smooth operation under native :P