i7-950 Mac Pro help

sassafrasx

1 post in this topic

Hi All.

So I am building my hackintosh. I've been combing the forums for a while reading as much as I can and trying to determine the best route. Here's a list of what I'm about to order.

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16

OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX120G 3.5" 120GB SATA II

CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V

And then some regular HDDs.

So my main question is will these play together? I've read a lot about needing rev. 1 vs rev. 2 for the mobo, but when I spoke to customer service at newegg they told me they can't guarantee the revision number. How would I go about being sure I'm ordering rev. 1?

The other question I have is concerning the video card. I'm trying to find something similar to Tonymac's product advice, but honestly there are so many cards I just get confused. and the exact card he mentions is out of stock on newegg.

And my third question is concerning the i7-950. I've seen more people build with the i7-930 vs i7-950. I'd rather do the 950 cause the price deference is only $20, but being my first build will I run into trouble and less support because most people have used the 930? or is it a very similar process.

Sorry if these questions are lame. I just need some final feedback before I drop the loot.

Thank you in advance.

sassafras :unsure: