aquadog

21 posts in this topic

hello

I want to install mac os x on my PC as a little project. My spec is:

Intel core 2 duo e7200 occ to 3.0

4gb ram kingston hyperX 800mhz

xfx nforce 680i lt sli

palit gtx 260 216core edition

2 x SATA disks one for win7 and other for mac to keep thins simple.

I have patched version of mac os x sl by HAZARD 10.6 with sse2 sse3.

This is my absolutely first contact with mac but i managed to install it. When boot I get the apple logo but then kernal panic apperas.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2a7e57): Kernel trap at... can provide with more information.

Now I think the reason why this happens is that during the installation I choose wrong drivers...

Could some one gide me which drivers should I chose during installatin

Thanks a lot

hello

I want to install mac os x on my PC as a little project. My spec is:

Intel core 2 duo e7200 occ to 3.0

4gb ram kingston hyperX 800mhz

xfx nforce 680i lt sli

palit gtx 260 216core edition

2 x SATA disks one for win7 and other for mac to keep thins simple.

I have patched version of mac os x sl by HAZARD 10.6 with sse2 sse3.

This is my absolutely first contact with mac but i managed to install it. When boot I get the apple logo but then kernal panic apperas.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2a7e57): Kernel trap at... can provide with more information.

Now I think the reason why this happens is that during the installation I choose wrong drivers...

Could some one gide me which drivers should I chose during installatin

Thanks a lot

See my nForce chipset MOBO Snow Leopard Install Guide here......and my blog for Snow Leopard install guides....... :P

You don't need a legacy kernel with a Core 2 Duo CPU, use the vanilla kernel.

During the installation I can choose legacy kernel should I do it? when you say use vanila kernel where do I get it from? how do I put it in there? I am sorry but I am just stupid in this stuff....

See my nForce chipset MOBO Snow Leopard Install Guide here......and my blog for Snow Leopard install guides....... :rolleyes:

Hi I've seen the guide but I dont know which stuff applies to my mobo there is just TOO much stuff there... Could you copy and paste thing that would apply to my mobo as a reply?

Thanks a lot

During the installation I can choose legacy kernel should I do it? when you say use vanila kernel where do I get it from? how do I put it in there? I am sorry but I am just stupid in this stuff....

Hi I've seen the guide but I dont know which stuff applies to my mobo there is just TOO much stuff there... Could you copy and paste thing that would apply to my mobo as a reply?

Thanks a lot

Follow iATKOS S3 v2 install guide in my blog........ :blowup:

hi Thanks for the guide I tried it three times with no success... I get the same message during booting. I will post the pictures of choices that I have to make during installation. Could you guide me what do i have to choose for each section during installation. BIG THX

post-678281-1287608520_thumb.jpg

post-678281-1287608531_thumb.jpg

post-678281-1287608542_thumb.jpg

post-678281-1287608550_thumb.jpg

hi Thanks for the guide I tried it three times with no success... I get the same message during booting. I will post the pictures of choices that I have to make during installation. Could you guide me what do i have to choose for each section during installation. BIG THX

What distro version are you using as the options do not match what I have for iATKOS S3 v2 or Hazard.....?

What distro version are you using as the options do not match what I have for iATKOS S3 v2 or Hazard.....?

Hi you will kill me for that but I dont know what "distro" is.. Yeah that what I thought they dont match thats why I get the panic...

Hi you will kill me for that but I dont know what "distro" is.. Yeah that what I thought they dont match thats why I get the panic...

Let Google be your friend...........find iATKOS S3 v2 Install DVD .iso and then follow my blog install guide.......

I shall do it mate thanks for ur help! Hugely appreciated!!!!!

Hopefully it will go Ok for you......... :)

Hopefully it will go Ok for you......... :D

Hi unfortunately nothing happened... I got iAKTOS S3 v2 installation CD and tried to install it but no success as I didnt get past the first APPLE logo..... I think I will never be able to install it on my PC :) When the logo appears in the beginning the wheel on the bottom spins then the SIGN appears (the bottom wheel still spinning) and it will sit there for infinite time and never go to install menu.... I have put all my BIOS setting on default.

post-678281-1288125440_thumb.jpg

right after you start to boot the dvd there should be a short count down where you can interrupt it (this is before gray/white screen with the apple and spinning circle at the bottom). Press any key to interrupt the count down, and type "-v" without the quotes and then press enter to boot in verbose mode. When it stops making progress and it is hanging as you experienced before, post another picture of what the screen says so that we can see what it is hanging on.

right after you start to boot the dvd there should be a short count down where you can interrupt it (this is before gray/white screen with the apple and spinning circle at the bottom). Press any key to interrupt the count down, and type "-v" without the quotes and then press enter to boot in verbose mode. When it stops making progress and it is hanging as you experienced before, post another picture of what the screen says so that we can see what it is hanging on.

Thanks for ur super quick reply!

I did what you asked me to do here is a picture of the problem. Basically it goes through different checks and then does whats on the picture all the time. Hope you can read what that MAC wants:)

post-678281-1288127074_thumb.jpg

Thanks for ur super quick reply!

I did what you asked me to do here is a picture of the problem. Basically it goes through different checks and then does whats on the picture all the time. Hope you can read what that MAC wants:)

Disable Firewire (IEEE 1394) in BIOS and try again..........

hi guys yet another problem.. I diabled the firewire but now there is something new... i have uploaded a picture.

Switch to using a PATA (IDE) DVDRW jumper-set and connected as Master to you MOBO using a 80-wire IDE cable.........and boot with EHCIacquire=Yes

Switch to using a PATA (IDE) DVDRW jumper-set and connected as Master to you MOBO using a 80-wire IDE cable.........and boot with EHCIacquire=Yes

If I get another copy of mac os x SL will I be install it without that problem?

If I get another copy of mac os x SL will I be install it without that problem?

It depends upon whether the problem is hardware and/or software based...........