Attansic L1 Built-in on Snow Leopard 10.6.4

DaniFilth

16 posts in this topic

Hello,

anyone got the Attansic L1 (1969:1048) running on Snow Leo 10.6.4? Installed yesterday with 10.6.3 Retail and Chameleon on my Asus P5KPL and everything is working perfectly except that damn onboard LAN.

I installed this kext and actually everything appears to be fine, the controller is detected and listed everywhere it should be, but it can't get an ip over dhcp. I can manually assign an ip to me, but still don't reach any other host in my lan. Strange thing, after some time (about 10-15 mins) my server and MacBook are listed in the Finder sidebar, but anyway not reachable, when I click them. Already updated to 10.6.4, but no change...

Someone got a hint for me?

Okay, I solved the problem and the solution was very simple. I found this page and wanted to compile the driver myself. First I removed my old AtherosL1.kext and rebooted the system, suddenly my network card received an ip from my dhcp server. I checked the kexts with System Profiler and saw, that there was an AttansicL1.kext now active and working. I just forgot to remove a non-working AtherosL1.kext, which blocked the working AttansicL1.kext.

For everyone interested, I attached the AttansicL1.kext, working for me on an Asus P5KPL, Snow Leopard 10.6.4 64-bit. System Profiler says it's 32 and 64 bit compatible.

AttansicL1Ethernet.kext.zip

Okay, I solved the problem and the solution was very simple. I found this page and wanted to compile the driver myself. First I removed my old AtherosL1.kext and rebooted the system, suddenly my network card received an ip from my dhcp server. I checked the kexts with System Profiler and saw, that there was an AttansicL1.kext now active and working. I just forgot to remove a non-working AtherosL1.kext, which blocked the working AttansicL1.kext.

For everyone interested, I attached the AttansicL1.kext, working for me on an Asus P5KPL, Snow Leopard 10.6.4 64-bit. System Profiler says it's 32 and 64 bit compatible.

j

Hi,

Is it working after wake from sleep?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Dani

I am interested in the new compiled driver. Have you tried the newly compiled AtherosL1.kext? Not the AttansicL1.kext.

And would you share the new one, please?

j

Hi,

Is it working after wake from sleep?

Sorry, don't know since my hardware doesn't support sleep on OS X.

Hi, Dani

I am interested in the new compiled driver. Have you tried the newly compiled AtherosL1.kext? Not the AttansicL1.kext.

And would you share the new one, please?

No, I didn't, but I will do the next days...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...