How to convince my Dad to let me use my macbook pro to school

25 posts in this topic

Invite a classmate to your house who uses his MacBook at school and show it to your dad. You have to be creative and convince him that you are capable of being at least as responsible as your classmate is.

I don't know how old you are, but if nobody else at your age gets to take their 1200-2300 dollar laptop to school, your dad is right and you're going to have to accept that.

What you can do then is convince him to buy a cheap PC laptop and then install OS X on it. There are lots of tutorials right here on InsanelyMac that you can follow.

In any case my suggestion still stands, invite someone from your class to your house and show your dad how they use their laptop at school, how it lets them work more efficiently etc etc. Of course it doesn't have to be a Mac.

You have to think about what your dad is concerned about. Obviously he's worried about you losing your laptop and there's nothing you can do about that. But what you can do is show him, in person, how useful it is for school work, maybe that will convince him.

Action speaks louder than words.

• 3 weeks later...

Why do you need it at school? I made it through all my schooling through my bachelor's degree without ever using a laptop in class. And no, I'm not some old man, I'm 25.

Seems like you just want to take it to school so you'll be the first person to have it there, it's probably better off not going to school. Sorry, it's not what you want to hear; I'm doubtful your father will budge because he's probably right.

I think your dad is doing the right thing. Ur macbook pro might get swiped... and then what? he's not gonna buy another macbook pro for you. Go get a dell machine and put OSX on it :P Same, difference right? minus the worries of it being stolen :P

• 2 weeks later...

Do they have any hairspray? That is very good for making bombs. Watch out for that. There is something even more dangerous that most terrorists have. I'll tell you (go away terrorists).

Water and Electricity. (Hydrogen Gas by electrolysis)

• 1 month later...
Water and Electricity. (Hydrogen Gas by electrolysis)

Water and green slime = Hydrogen Gas, plenty for all = No need to blow up your underpants

BTW can someone please rid us of this evil terrorist spammer!

• 1 year later...

LOL ... love this thread, so I do have a suggestion on how to get your dad to comply with your wish, next time this becomes an issue, you just take your dad's camaro (if you're lucky its a transformer and his name is bumble pee ... errm ... bee) to school ... I am certain if your dad has to choose between u taking his camaro or your macbook he'll rather let you take your macbook :D ROFLOL

P.S. Just because I make reference to an action that might bee seen as an terror act against your dad does not make me a terrorist :D ROFLOL