Playa Hatah Mel Gibson

40 posts in this topic

So do you think he should be slapped down hard for overt anti-Semitism or should be given better treatment because he was drunk at the time?

I personally think he should be shunned for saying such comments, even if drunk. You just don't engage in overt hatred like that.

a nice catholic girl i once knew, became intoxicated at a baby shower. before the day had ended she'd taken a bowel movement in the middle of Broadway St. planted herself in front of a school bus full of school children, and cursed and ranted at them until removed by the police.

"in wine there is truth" perhaps coincidently, occasionally, but not necessarily.

keep in mind that the more drunk you get, the prettier girls get. In the same fashion, the more drunk you get, the more skewed the truth gets.

If a drunk driver hits a kid, the penalty is lessened (unfortunately). Same concept here, I think.

If a drunk driver hits a kid, the penalty is lessened (unfortunately).

What? Where? In every jurisdication that I have heard of it is exactly the opposite. Where I live, you can basically get away with automotive manslaughter as long as you are totally sober. If have had anything to drink, you are going to prison for a few years.

Furthermore, the word "drunk" gets misapplied a lot to describe people who are merely drinking drivers. The US blood alchohol level definition 0.08% is hardly "drunk". That is something like three beers for most people. Try tripling it and you might be getting to a reasonable defination of "drunk".

The US blood alchohol level definition 0.08% is hardly "drunk". That is something like three beers for most people. Try tripling it and you might be getting to a reasonable defination of "drunk".

If you BAC is .30%, you'll pass out and die from alcohol poisening. I don't think .24% is a reasonable line to draw between being drunk and sober.

The guy who singlehandedly paid to produce The Passion of Christ apparently hates jews. Wow. In my Catholic Highschool, they practically worshipped the film as if it had more truthiness than that Bible itself. Jesus was a Jew, and by dissing Jews he also disses Jesus in effect.

I liked him better when he was in Mad Max.

quixos and james2mart you both make good points and in most cases i would agree that when you're drunk, you are not yourself. But does not being your self mean letting things out that you would normally keep within.

I'm sure in this case this is exactly what has happened.

He spoke his drunken mind.

Jesus was a Jew, and by dissing Jews he also disses Jesus in effect.

I'm no bible expert but from what i understood that would seem to make no sense. Jesus was sent to the Jews. many quoted on the bible says this (too long to find them now). And he was treated badly by them.

Not just badly... his crucifiction was a result of them.

The Jews crucified Jesus through the Romans. At the time of Jesus' crucifixion, the Romans had conquered all the area in which Jesus lived and taught. The Romans allowed the Jews to continue with their Sanhedrin (their government), but the Romans took away capital punishment from the Jews. In order to have Jesus crucified, the Jewish leaders had to manipulate Rome into doing it. First, the Jewish leaders had to lie - make up charges (Lk. 23: 2, 3). The Jewish leaders persisted in their demands for crucifixion (vss. 5-19). New Testament writers charged the Jews with having crucified Jesus (Acts 2: 36, 3: 13-17).

Now surely if this is true (which i believe all or most christians to think so) then Christians should hate (and yes hate) the Jews since it was because of the Jews their Lord and Savoir suffered so much and was eventually killed by the Romans.

If it is true then it makes me wonder why some christians (OryHara for example) defend Jews NO MATTER WHAT. As if you do, then i would assume i thought very little about your Lord.

Remember Mel Gibson is a devout christian and so coming from him, it's understandable why he said it. He feels what he feels. This is clear from his last movie "The Passion of the Christ".

As i've said i don't know much about this so please correct me if i'm wrong.

I think that he should be held accountable for what he sayed... because alcohol does not make you say things that you do not mean... but just gives you a means of saying it, the courage to say it, and stupidity to say it....

max

I think that he should be held accountable for what he sayed... because alcohol does not make you say things that you do not mean... but just gives you a means of saying it, the courage to say it, and stupidity to say it....

max

um? how could he be charged for anything, saying anti-semetic speech is not grounds for arrest, were just more sensative to jews in america for some reason, not sure as to why, but he should be accountable for the drunk driving, for sure, but if he wants to spout out anti-semitism, let him, by him blabbering on about it, he will just be taken less seriously to the mass public, good riddance.

I think what he means by accountable is for people not to let it slide because he was "drunk". Drink only makes you lose your self-restraint; anyone who claims it makes you do things you wouldnt normally do, or say things you dont think is an apologist for drunks everywhere ;-p

I think what he means by accountable is for people not to let it slide because he was "drunk". Drink only makes you lose your self-restraint; anyone who claims it makes you do things you wouldnt normally do, or say things you dont think is an apologist for drunks everywhere ;-p

Yes, that was exactly what i was trying to say, and i was not saying that he should, or even can, be procecuted.... and also responding to others, America is more jew sensitive because we still feel guilty for not letting Jews in during the Holocaust and not raising the quotas to let them have safe haven and joining the war so late and letting it happen... thats also why we along with our allies created the state of Israel..... I think that he should be able to say what he wants, but he should not be able to deny that he ment or sayed it later... i am a staunch supporter of free speach, and thank you gwprod12 for helping me out and clarifing for me, you hit it right on with what i was trying to say

thanks again

max

um? how could he be charged for anything, saying anti-semetic speech is not grounds for arrest, were just more sensative to jews in america for some reason, not sure as to why, but he should be accountable for the drunk driving, for sure, but if he wants to spout out anti-semitism, let him, by him blabbering on about it, he will just be taken less seriously to the mass public, good riddance.

I do wonder to my self why america goes out of it's way for the feelings of the Jew but doesn't care much about any others. I'm sure the Blacksand S Americans dont get as much support of anger and outrage. So what is this special relationship with the Jews that it sidelines all others? I think america should start treating ALL equal.

Yes it wasn't a nice thing to say but it wasn't a OH MY GOD as some are trying to make it seem.

The dude was drunk may not have meant what he said (although i think he did) but in any case he should be free to say it. It was not an attack on the Jewish faith (which is much worse). If someone says Muslims are all terrorists, then fine. He's a brainless dumb fool who doesn't know much better than a dog... but fine.

And anyway... it was done on the LAND OF THEH FREE :happymac:

Max if anyone should feel guilty it's Germany. But i'm sure they don't treat Jews with more consideration than ALL else. Truely I don't understand it. It's not like the Jews and the Christains are best palls (cz then i might have understood). I swear the way things look, it's almost like America is going to become the next Israel.

Israel (backup) :)

PS: gwprod12 once again you're going off topic

Is that a joke? If Mel Gibson, while drunk had gone on a tirade about how black people, {censored} people, muslim people, chinese people, martian people are the root of all war and evil, the result would have been the same.

Because he chose jew, you automatically assume that the people condemning him are somehow pro-jew but anti-everyone else. (unless that wasnt your intent, in which case, what WAS your point?).

I dont like to put words in people's mouths (I prefer for them to do that), but this jew-hating is really unseemly. At least my bigotry is focused against the oppressive majority, and not the oppressed minority.

Is that a joke? If Mel Gibson, while drunk had gone on a tirade about how black people, {censored} people, muslim people, chinese people, martian people are the root of all war and evil, the result would have been the same.

Because he chose jew, you automatically assume that the people condemning him are somehow pro-jew but anti-everyone else. (unless that wasnt your intent, in which case, what WAS your point?).

I don't like to put words in people's mouths (I prefer for them to do that), but this jew-hating is really unseemly. At least my bigotry is focused against the oppressive majority, and not the oppressed minority.

Blacks? HAHA. Blacks had to fight for their rights from the world (western world) or have you forgotten that? They were not even considered 'men'. They were not handed their freedom as the Jews were. Yes the Jews suffered which is a terrible thing... but not like the blacks who had to go through centuries of tortures and killings. Hitler considered the Jews less-human. The whole world considered Blacks less-human.

And still in america they are given less consideration than others. Hurricane Katrina - blacks got no help for day and weeks remember. I don't know what you say on your news but i saw blacks pleading for help everywhere the camera turned - and getting none.

I'm saying 'in my view' had New Orleans been a jewish city i'm sure the choppers with the aid would have flown in sooner. LOL. Maybe even in the middle of the hurricane.

I know their is no certainty in what i'm saying but being an outsider (Non-US citizen) this is what i see. I'm not trying to offend any Jews here. Just saying it as i see it.

PS: A Nonny Moose, don't know what it was but gwprod12's amen is not a good sign.

Dude i dont hate Jews just as i assume you don't hate Muslims. But the rest of the world (international news) sees America cuddling Jews, more than the rest of their minority groupes. And we wonder why?

Max made a valid point as to why but i don't really buy it as the blacks were treated far worse by the US (and still are some would say) than a Jew ever was.

As Mash said. Lets not make this personal. I don't hate Jews. If i've said anything to show this (and i don't think i have) then i'm sorry. I wouldn't appologise if i did hate them.

Hurricane Katrina - blacks got no help for day and weeks remember. I don't know what you say on your news but i saw blacks pleading for help everywhere the camera turned - and getting none.

Hey AcePlayer, the numbers are in. STATISTICALLY Hurricane Katrina affected more whites than blacks. The lack of aid to blacks was just exaggerated by the media, just like the media exaggerates the lack of WMD in Iraq.

I am by no means a racist. My high school is 75% black. Most blacks (at my school) will whine and complain if any fun event gets cancelled. White people just go with it and understand that the faculty and staff cancelled it for a reason. Same with Katrina. Whining when someone doesn't get their way. Lots of whining. Like I said, I am not racist, but I know that most blacks in the south fit into a socioeconomic class that encourages disrespect of authority and frankly, much of what happened in New Orleans during/after the hurricane. FYI, over half of my friends are black. I am not racist. I also live in Baton Rouge.

In case you are wondering about the Iraq statement, 500+ biological WMDs have been found in Iraq since we entered the country.

Dude i dont hate Jews just as i assume you don't hate Muslims. But the rest of the world (international news) sees America cuddling Jews, more than the rest of their minority groupes. And we wonder why?

Max made a valid point as to why but i don't really buy it as the blacks were treated far worse by the US (and still are some would say) than a Jew ever was.

As Mash said. Lets not make this personal. I don't hate Jews. If i've said anything to show this (and i don't think i have) then i'm sorry. I wouldn't appologise if i did hate them.

In my work place there are twenty six Muslims people (two of them are my best friends) and none of them think that America cuddling Jews.

America is doing what she is thinking is the best for the American peoples.

Well, what ever happened to free speech i wonder. Let mel gibson say whatever he wants, i agree with him in some ways. America is "kissing" israels arse in many ways. i don hate jews, i just dont like them for many reasons