mylotech

Asus EEE 1215N

250 posts in this topic

Could you write a step by step instruction how to install MAC OS X Lion on 1215n, please?

Hello! I made Lion work on my Eee 1215N, but for now I haven't got support of Wi-Fi, sound and other features - it just booted.

All i did - got PRE-INSTALLED Mac Os Lion image(in .arc format), then sliced some space from my logical drive to be unallocated space(it was said that that image needs 15 GB to proceed, so I sliced 20 GB) then I used R-Drive to install that image to that "space"(check "Primary(active)"). After that we need to put these files into the root of our new Mac drive: http://www.multiupload.com/VRAL55DG1Z . These files are needed because 1215N has Intel Atom inside. Try it, if some more detailed instructions needed - ask me.

Now I'm facing some troubles to make wi-fi work, anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue?

UPD. I have broadcom wireless adapter, unfortunately.

Advertisement

Hello! I made Lion work on my Eee 1215N, but for now I haven't got support of Wi-Fi, sound and other features - it just booted.

All i did - got PRE-INSTALLED Mac Os Lion image(in .arc format), then sliced some space from my logical drive to be unallocated space(it was said that that image needs 15 GB to proceed, so I sliced 20 GB) then I used R-Drive to install that image to that "space"(check "Primary(active)"). After that we need to put these files into the root of our new Mac drive: http://www.multiupload.com/VRAL55DG1Z . These files are needed because 1215N has Intel Atom inside. Try it, if some more detailed instructions needed - ask me.

Now I'm facing some troubles to make wi-fi work, anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue?

may u reupload the pack ?

if you update to 10.7.3 use the IO80211Familly.kext from 10.7.2 .. (the broadcom in plugins .. right click show package contents of kexts)

also make sure youre not using macbookPRO4,1 as that made my wireless stop working... check it with chameleon wizard

@hiwa Why did you removed your awesome tutorial? Everything works for me! Except ION and Intel. even WiFi works.

How you didi the wi-fi works? I installed OSX 10.7.2 on my asus Lamborghini VX6, that is very similar to 1215n, than upgraded to 10.7.3, but i cannot make wi-fi works. can you help me please?

P.S. I already saved and printed hiwa's tutorial. If you need it, i can write it again!!! I also downloaded all necessary files if you need.

How you didi the wi-fi works? I installed OSX 10.7.2 on my asus Lamborghini VX6, that is very similar to 1215n, than upgraded to 10.7.3, but i cannot make wi-fi works. can you help me please?

P.S. I already saved and printed hiwa's tutorial. If you need it, i can write it again!!! I also downloaded all necessary files if you need.

I replaced the WiFI Card.. Is it inpossible to create working kexts for Intel 3150 and NVIDIA ION?!

I replaced the WiFI Card.. Is it inpossible to create working kexts for Intel 3150 and NVIDIA ION?!

I don't know. I tried every possible kext found on internet to make GMA 3150 working. But nothing. Can anyone help us?

How are you guys getting the DVD to boot?

I've been trying both iatkos and Niresh to no avail. I'm using Chameleon 2.1r1921. What settings are you guys using? mach_atom? i386? What version is your BIOS?

Thanks!

Anyone put Wifi working on Lion 10.7.2?

i instaled iAtkos L2, and i have

WORKING:

Ethernet, full resolution, bluetooth, audio, card reader & multitouch

NOT WORKING:

Wiif, Grafics But for now not a problem. I want is Wifi :S

Edited by Francis_R

Hi Karl!tos e use this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=277113

To use this guide you need to download iatkos L2 from there site, them put on a flash drive or burn disc.

If you put on a flash drive you need to install chimera on your flash drive them it will install normaly

This is what i do, and i have almost my hackintosh perfect :P for perfect i want to put Wifi working, but know how :S

(Sorry for my english)

My goal was install iAtkos L2 from USB on my ASUS 1215N. But I din't any Mac OS to prepare de instalation. I was trying make USB stick by Windows 7, without success ... Today, I borrowed my uncle's Macbook and made it. I followed the hiwa's guide, but without the suggestion of Francis_R (install Chimera) would not have done it!

Thanks!

So you put your machine working?

Do you have wifi ?

I'm suck on this, try all typs of kexts and notinhg..... :S

Please anyone help....

So you put your machine working?

Yes!

Do you have wifi ?

Yes! I was very lucky. During installation I just selected options in the NETWORK > WIRELESS > ATHEROS > 9285

You have very lucky, if you could put WIFI working i will instaled iatkos again..

what is your serial machine? My is 1215N-SIV027M with 2 USB 3.0..

Maybe the machines was diferent..

You have very lucky, if you could put WIFI working i will instaled iatkos again..

what is your serial machine? My is 1215N-SIV027M with 2 USB 3.0..

Maybe the machines was diferent..

My serial is 1215N-SIV045M, with only USB 2.0.

i just instaled iakos again, but no wifi working, maybe the wifi card is diferent i don't know what is my :S

The bluetooh work, but no wifi... bahhhhh

I got iAtkos L2 on the 1215n now and i got ethernet, sound, touchpad, native resolution( cant get it higher than 1366x766 on a external display though.), camera.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to get either the ION2 or 3150 to work or get recognized on iAtkos, and is there anyway to have 1080p resolution on an external display?

Seems like the camera only is working in facetime and not skype.

Is it possible to get the microphone and the camera to work in skype?

finally i installed iatkos l2 but i have some problem my screen 64mb and 1024*768 and i can't use my stock wifi i have to use external usb wifi adapter how can i solve this problems.

thank you

finally i installed iatkos l2 but i have some problem my screen 64mb and 1024*768 and i can't use my stock wifi i have to use external usb wifi adapter how can i solve this problems.

thank you

How did you do plz. I can't install it

Br